cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check current Roam Like Home charges

usetheforst
I've been around

I am currently travelling in the UK and looking to check if I've incurred any possible Roam Like Home charges. I am set up on an eSIM and I am aware of the ins and outs. I also called international customer service and they said there is no way to check current Roam Like Home charges and that you just have to wait until your bill comes out. That seems ridiculous to me, because if you've set up something incorrectly or don't fully understand the convoluted instructions you could be charged a LOT of money! And someone somewhere has to know your roaming charges so why can't Rogers let you know ahead of time?

So basically - is there actually a way to check before your bill comes out for Roam Like Home charges?

***Added Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Check current Roam Like Home charges

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
The best way to ensure you are not racking up roaming charges, is to remove your Rogers SIM or disable your Rogers eSIM before arriving in an international location. Just disabling roaming on your device is not enough. When your device connects to a roaming partner's tower successfully, Roam Like Home will activate because Rogers and other Canadian carriers assume you want it because you allowed your Rogers SIM/eSIM to connect while you are abroad.

Customer Care should be able to provide you with some recent charges and usage summary, even if your bill for the period has not been generated yet.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's pretty simple to know if you're going to see Roam Like Home (RLH) charges.

1. You usually get a text when you connect to a foreign cell tower to state you are roaming.

2. If you leave in (or are utilizing) a Rogers SIM, you will be charged daily.  

3. Or if your phone is not in airplane mode.

4. Or if your phone is not turned off.

See the link below for a summary on how to avoid or minimize RLH charges:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Roaming-like-home/m-p/518044/highlight/true#M3...

I'm not sure if it's possible to see charges if you login to MyRogers before your bill comes out.

TwitchyPuppy
I'm a reliable contributor
That's valuable info since, you know, it'd be a safe bet to assume disabling roaming would actually disable roaming 🤣
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation