Charged for Equipment that was Returned

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llewellynhuman
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Charged for Equipment that was Returned

Thanks Laura, I appreciate you reaching out. I have been able to resolve the issue after spending 5 hours and 33 minutes on various phone calls with Rogers today. BUT I have finally been able to get confirmation that the charges will now be removed.

I can't believe that it required so much time and effort to get something so simple sorted out, but I'm very pleased that this issue is finally resolved now. 

ilovexmas
I've Been Around

Hi,

I moved on December 1st 2020. I cancelled my TV and upgraded to the Ignite TV modem. I put the TV and old internet modem into my car, and then completely forgot about it, cuz ya know, pandemic and all and I never leave the house. 

Yesterday I received a call from collections about my modems. First of all, it hasn't been 3 months (which I understand is the timeframe before something gets sent to collections) and secondly, I did not receive any kind of reminder about my modem which would've helped greatly because I was ready to return it. 

Finally, the same day I have a charge go through on my credit card for 650$ for the modems. Why would you send me to collections if you were planning on collecting your $ anyway?? 

This is going to screw up my credit and I now need to deal with some lady calling me non stop. 

I just returned the modems and got a receipt. Will the transaction be reversed/refunded? 

There's a pandemic going on. No one has 650$ laying around, this money gets taken right out of my grocery bill fund and has serious impacts on people's livelihoods. 

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

RogersZia

Hello @ilovexmas,

Welcome to the Community!

I can imagine how inconvenient this experience has been for you. Once the equipment has been received and updated on our end, the unreturned equipment charges will be reversed automatically. 

To identify why the account was sent to collections, I would need to review the account. Since the Community is a public platform I would recommend you to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance. 

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersZia

SD128
I've Been Here Awhile

No resolution yet for charges still on my account for equipment returned in Nov

RogersLaura

Good day, @SD128!

Thanks for being part of our community forums and congrats on your first post with us! 🙂

Receiving charges for equipment that was returned quite some time ago can certainly be alarming. By any chance, did you hold on to your receipt which provides your tracking number? If so, does it show that the equipment was successfully received by us when you track the shipment online? 

There have been a few delays with shipping and returns due to the current pandemic, however, I'd think we should have received the equipment back by now. If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards!

RogersLaura

Andmax2007
I've Been Around

We upgraded to Ignite and returned our equipment. On our December bill there was a $500 charge for unreturned equipment. I contacted Rogers and they initiated a search. I received an email stating that the equipment was located and the charge reversed. I thought that was the end of it. Not so much. Our next bill doesn’t have the adjustment. Then we start receiving emails and phone calls from the credit department that we owe money. I took one of the calls and told them that I have an email stating the equipment was found and the charge was to be reversed. No help at all. I call back and speak with another agent (after waiting for a call back for 2.5 hours) and spending 40 minutes on the phone with him to finally have him say that he found the email stating the equipment was found and the credit should appear within 48 hours. I wait 72 hours and not really a surprise, the credit has not shown. I initiate a chat where I’m told that the credit department or billing (I can’t remember what department the person mentioned) would not approve any further attempts at a credit as it has to come from the warehouse

So, no heads up that there was going to be an unreturned equipment charge. Rogers dropped the ball because they did get the equipment. I get confirmation that the charge will be reversed which has yet to happen. I also get charged a late payment fee (which I was told will be reversed, but I don’t have much faith with Rogers at this point). Rogers is pretty aggressive when they think you owe them money, but when they owe us money, we get the run around. And no offer of any compensation due to having to come up with the money to cover the bill or the stress of seeing the unreturned equipment charge appear on the bill when I know it was returned and was actually at the warehouse or wherever returned equipment goes the entire time. Still waiting for my credit Rogers!

RogersLaura

Hello @Andmax2007,

Thanks for being a part of our community and we appreciate your post! 🙂

I agree that it is extremely odd that you'd still be receiving bills for equipment that was confirmed by us as returned, especially after we advised that the charges will be reversed. Just a few questions for you, if you don't mind:

When was the email sent to you confirming receipt of the returned equipment? What equipment did you return to us? (TV box, internet modem, home phone modem, etc.). What equipment are you being charged for on your invoice?

We would like to investigate this further for you, and hopefully, get to the bottom of it! If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,
RogersLaura

SD128
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes the equipment has been returned, November 16. I have all details regarding this matter from 2 months of frustration in getting this sorted out with charges still on my bill. I have been told repeatedly that it would be off the next bill, with charges now appearing on a third one. I have used live chat, share a concern and even office of the president. I am still getting calls from credit operations regarding this as well.
larryjcai
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

Just noticed my balance for internet is $282.44. I chated with an agent online and was told this is the charge for unreturned modem. I upgraded my Rogers internet service in Feb and retuned the old modem on Feb 8. I have receipt with the tracking number showing the modem was arrived on Feb 18. However, the agent insisted that I have to pay for the modem if they cannot locate it in the warehouse. That is not the way Rogers should do, I am ripped off, really frustrated. Is there anyone can help to resolve this?

SD128
I've Been Here Awhile

I suggest first off to be very patient, it took them a month to find my returned equipment (returned in November found in January) then another 3 billing cycles for the charges to finally be removed. I also suggest using the live chat and/or share a concern to escalate your concern and get the late charges removed, which can be done immediately. Also make sure if Rogers Credit does call you let them know they need to stop calling. I did have to do that as well multiple times. I did not pay the charges but stuck it out until finally this bill has the charges reversed. Yes it was very frustrating and often time consuming but knowing I was correct made me persevere. Good luck