cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for Equipment that was Returned

MattMbz
I've been around

I just realized that I've been getting charged for a cable box rental at approximately $12 per month that I had returned in 2017. For 3 years now I've been paying for this rental even though I had returned as it wasn't being used. What are my options?

**Labels Added**

36 REPLIES 36

Re: Charged for Equipment that was Returned

Hi,

I have the same problem. I cancelled my internet services with Rogers on March 9, 2021 but got charged for internet services for March 10, 2021 and 2 monthly charges for the Ignite WiFi Gateway rental of $10 each. I returned my rental with Canada Post roughly March 15 with the Canada Post Return ID Number PR823007. Unfortunately, I did misplace my return receipt.

Is there any way someone can help me. I don't want to keep paying for something I have returned. I had amazing services with Rogers so far but this is very frustrating.

Good evening @maya6,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums :)!

There should be an email with the return label information in your mailbox. Can you confirm if you've missed any such emails. Depending on your bill cycle, the invoice may have already been generated; there would also be an additional final invoice with updated charges/credits.

If you'd like us to check the status of your returned equipment and review your account please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps. We'll be happy to address your concerns :). For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

RogersZia

AliAli444
I've been here awhile
May I ask why is it like pulling teeth to get a charged reversed. I had returned my equipment AND THEN was charged on my bill AND THEN told I needed to clear the whole bill so I can then receive a Rogers credit. Well I do not want a credit. I’m basically paying for just extra money for my next bill. I was charged $400.00, when my bill actually should have been about 180.00. The “solution” was that I pay my normal 180.00 and have the remainder amount be transferred over to the next bill and basically have late charges incur but then have them accredited...like what??just get rid of the charge. I have absolutely no problem paying my phone bill but this is poor practice to have to be transferred to Rogers heaven in order to have a charge REVERSED. I do not care for credit, because I’m principle, it’s my money. How dare Rogers basically ask me to pay for their mistake and then basically place this on my credit file. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Once I have this settled, I’m buying out of my contract. I’m done. It’s bad enough we lost service for a day but then I wake up THE NEXT DAY to this bill. I’m absolutely exhausted with this company.

DMANN1
I've been here awhile

Hi I called about my equipment return, and was told that Rogers has to confirm and authorized a return, still waiting for that email. I went to the store they refused to take my equipment ( Pandemic and all). What do i do now , been one month still nothing from Rogers.

Good day, @DMANN1!

Thanks for posting your concern here in the Rogers community! Hopefully, you've been keeping safe and are doing well. 🙂

We just need a bit more clarification to better understand your situation--are you saying that you have already returned your equipment via the post office or are you waiting on us to provide you with a return label so you may do so? If it is the latter, you can actually use our self-serve option to request the label yourself and then you may either print it out or present the email at any Canada post outlet so they can print it for you. Please click here to view the instructions on how it works.

If you have already returned your equipment more than 6 weeks ago and are still waiting for it to be processed onto your account, kindly send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can check into it for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thanks so much,

RogersLaura

Kothariabbas
I've been around
I am being charged over $500 for equipment i personally dropped off at rogers store.

The agent on site told me that their system was down and wilm have to manually enter the items in the system and gave me a printed page of equipment return.

Now, the charge. How do i fight it? I called them but the hold times are exhausting.

Good day, @Kothariabbas!

I hope this message finds you safe and well! Thanks so much for joining us in the community forums and congrats on your first post. 🙂

I see that you have recently returned some equipment to us but are still receiving an invoice charging you for it. May I please confirm the date that the equipment was returned to the store, as well as the date of your recent invoice showing the equipment charges? I'm wondering if perhaps it's just a timing issue with the return not being processed in time to make it onto the invoice.

If you'd like, we can double check your account to see if the equipment is showing as returned. Feel free to send us a PM @CommunityHelps to get started. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,

RogersLaura

1Lix
I've been here awhile

They were supposed to cancel everything on the 31st till now they haven’t and their reps have so many different excuses as to why it hasn’t happened.  I returned my equipment and they tried to say the same that they can’t close my account because I didn’t return the tv box. I know for a fact I returned it and will keep calling until they stop. 

Greetings @1Lix!

I am sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with the return process. I can help track down this missing equipment.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

GB333
I've been here awhile
Can someone please help. Dealing with Rogers for 4 months now. I have emails from them stating credit would be given and account balance is zero. I returned ignite tv box back i.n July (I have tracking). They keep telling me they put through credit but warehouse keeps declining it. How much time I have wasted on the phone calling only to get another bill. Guys, I have all the chats and emails, please credit the account and lets be done. Not sure where to go anymore!!!

SD128
I'm here a lot
Had the same issue during Covid, tracking and equipment was delivered and it was ‘lost’ for several months. Dealing with them, phone calls from collections because I wasn’t going to pay the bill and multiple emails, calls netted me nothing. Finally got a live chat agent who reversed all of the late charges and put a note on my file for collections, so those calls stopped, this was very helpful. I had to, however, use the ‘share a concern’ option to get my account credited properly. It still took another billing cycle.

GB333
I've been here awhile
So I am not the only one. I have no intention of paying these people when I have proof and confirmatiom feom them that the account was paid. Like you, countless hours spent each and every month o ly to be billed yet again.

Rogers - can you please gwt this resolved for me once and for all. I also have 3 FIDO accounts and these are to be cancelled shortly if this situation does not stop. THANK YOU

Good morning @GB333!

If you've returned the equipment and you're still being charged an unreturned equipment fee, we can initiate an investigation to track down the missing equipment.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

ismailguvendik
I've been around

I am writing to dispute the charges on my account for equipment that I returned to your company in December. I have already provided a tracking number and chat log from another Rogers employee confirming that the equipment is in your warehouse, but it appears that it has not been properly processed in your system.

I would like to request that these charges be immediately removed from my account, as it is clear that I have fulfilled my obligation to return all the equipment. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide in ensuring that both the equipment and the TV bundle are properly recorded as returned in your system.

Haileydawn
I've been around
Rogers charged me $700 for “unreturned equipment” that was returned after canceling their services after years of being a loyal customer. Never one late payment. When we moved houses our equipment wouldn’t work so I called and they said no tech available for 3+ weeks. Was unacceptable to me because we don’t live in a well serviced area and a young child in school that uses apps and websites to keep updated and internet needed to boost calls if needed. I was treated like garbage by them, finally got through to cancel then hit with this. Absolutely ridiculous

@Haileydawn if this is a situation which is in progress at this time, please have a look at the following post, and the linked post that is contained in the first post:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Unreturned-Equipment-Charge/m-p/519636/highlig...

Do not hesitate to lodge a complaint with the CRTC.  Every customer who goes thru this should register a complaint with the CRTC.  

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/contact/question.htm

Topic Stats