Can't complete Upgrade or Plan Change via MyRogers online profile

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Can't complete Upgrade or Plan Change via MyRogers online profile

Hi! 

Just wondering - I'm trying to upgrade my phone and plan. After I pick everything, I click 'Proceed to Checkout' and the page goes through the little rogers loading animation, but then it never loads. Every time I click it, it just returns to the same screen. 

I tried ordering the same phone and plan as a guest and it worked and took me to a proper checkout, so something is happening because I'm signed in to my account.  Does anyone know what this is? Or how I can fix it? 

Thanks

**Labels Added**

Re: Can't complete Upgrade or Plan Change via MyRogers online profile

Season's greetings @phonerzalldayz,

Thanks for joining us in the community and congrats on your very first post! 🙂

So sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with completing your online transactions, we'll do our best to help out. Please see below.

- Can you please tell us if you see any sort of error message during the loading process when trying to check out?

- Do you happen to have your pop-up blocker enabled? I know that has caused problems for some customers with certain transactions in the past and disabling this feature has resolved their issues. 

- You may want to try clearing your cache and rebooting your computer. Once done, try logging back into your Rogers profile to complete the changes again. 

Please keep us posted on the results!

RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

I also cannot complete the upgrade for the same reason.  I have cleared cache and pop ups are disabled.

What to try next?

Hello, @yavdb

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

We appreciate you posting your concern regarding doing a hardware upgrade online. I prefer using self serve options too.

• Can you confirm what internet browser you are using?
  • Are you using a mobile device or a computer/laptop?
  • Do you get an error message of any kind, can you describe what is happening when you try to do the upgrade?

Once we have more information on what is happening we'll be better equipped to assist you.

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I use a dell laptop.  I have tried upgrading my phone through chrome and microsoft edge.

The new phone gets to the cart but when I proceed to checkout it 'thinks' for a few seconds and then goes directly back to the same page where I can checkout or save for later.  There is no error message.

Help please,

Yvonne

I've Been Around

i have the same problem, can proceed all the way to 'Proceed to Checkout' button but clicking that doesn't do anything.

Looking at the network console, there is a request going out but nothing happens.

Have tried Chrome and Firefox.

Hello, @yavdb & @mehmeh

@mehmeh - Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

@yavdb - Thanks so much for providing us with those additional details.

If you are still having issues with multiple browsers then please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can take a look at this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

I've Been Around

I've been experiencing the same issue. I tried yesterday and again today but no luck. If I refresh the page my shopping cart summary appears momentarily but then disappears. I tried the save for later option but never received an email with the link to my shopping cart. This is a bizarre and annoying glitch and I'm not sure how to fix it. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I ended up upgrading by phone. They were pretty sure it had to do with my address they had on my account not coinciding with my Canada post address.