cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't complete Upgrade or Plan Change via MyRogers online profile

phonerzalldayz
I've been around

Hi! 

Just wondering - I'm trying to upgrade my phone and plan. After I pick everything, I click 'Proceed to Checkout' and the page goes through the little rogers loading animation, but then it never loads. Every time I click it, it just returns to the same screen. 

I tried ordering the same phone and plan as a guest and it worked and took me to a proper checkout, so something is happening because I'm signed in to my account.  Does anyone know what this is? Or how I can fix it? 

Thanks

**Labels Added**

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Can't complete Upgrade or Plan Change via MyRogers online profile

RogersYasmine

Season's greetings @phonerzalldayz,

Thanks for joining us in the community and congrats on your very first post! 🙂

So sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with completing your online transactions, we'll do our best to help out. Please see below.

- Can you please tell us if you see any sort of error message during the loading process when trying to check out?

- Do you happen to have your pop-up blocker enabled? I know that has caused problems for some customers with certain transactions in the past and disabling this feature has resolved their issues. 

- You may want to try clearing your cache and rebooting your computer. Once done, try logging back into your Rogers profile to complete the changes again. 

Please keep us posted on the results!

RogersLaura

yavdb
I've been here awhile

I also cannot complete the upgrade for the same reason.  I have cleared cache and pop ups are disabled.

What to try next?

Hello, @yavdb

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

We appreciate you posting your concern regarding doing a hardware upgrade online. I prefer using self serve options too.

• Can you confirm what internet browser you are using?
  • Are you using a mobile device or a computer/laptop?
  • Do you get an error message of any kind, can you describe what is happening when you try to do the upgrade?

Once we have more information on what is happening we'll be better equipped to assist you.

RogersTony

yavdb
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I use a dell laptop.  I have tried upgrading my phone through chrome and microsoft edge.

The new phone gets to the cart but when I proceed to checkout it 'thinks' for a few seconds and then goes directly back to the same page where I can checkout or save for later.  There is no error message.

Help please,

Yvonne

mehmeh
I've been around

i have the same problem, can proceed all the way to 'Proceed to Checkout' button but clicking that doesn't do anything.

Looking at the network console, there is a request going out but nothing happens.

Have tried Chrome and Firefox.

Hello, @yavdb & @mehmeh

@mehmeh - Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

@yavdb - Thanks so much for providing us with those additional details.

If you are still having issues with multiple browsers then please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can take a look at this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

KayCee3
I've been around

I've been experiencing the same issue. I tried yesterday and again today but no luck. If I refresh the page my shopping cart summary appears momentarily but then disappears. I tried the save for later option but never received an email with the link to my shopping cart. This is a bizarre and annoying glitch and I'm not sure how to fix it. 

yavdb
I've been here awhile
I ended up upgrading by phone. They were pretty sure it had to do with my address they had on my account not coinciding with my Canada post address.

inspiritedmama
I've been around

This is happening to me as well.

I've tried on Chrome, incognito mode, Edge, and my phone. Tried clearing the cache, etc. Nothing works. It just sits there on the little rogers loading thing forever.

Same issue. Trying to pay for my new phone and it wont let me. Why is this still a problem? I start a new job on Monday and I can't get a phone.

Hello @AdamDoink3,

Welcome to the Rogers community, we hope you've been keeping safe and doing well! Congrats on your first post here. 🙂

I know how important it is to have a cellphone these days as it helps us stay connected with the things that matter most to us. I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with processing a device order online. We always want our customers' experiences to be a positive one.

Just to clarify, what was happening when you attempted to make changes or place your order via your MyRogers profile online? At which point in the process did you get stuck? Did you get a specific error message? We just need some more specifics so we can help out.

By any chance, have you had any luck with completing your order or getting your hands on a new phone since your post was made?

If you still require help with upgrading to a new phone, kindly send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to assist! For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,

RogersLaura

I'm also having trouble adding a new line on Rogers.com. I used both mobile and desktop computer with multiple browsers. The order gets stuck in a loading state after choosing a number.

Good evening @VG22,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention. Being able to use the self-serve tools at your disposition should be a piece of cake. We're sorry to hear you were not able to complete the transaction.

Did you end up placing the order for the new line, since you posted?

For us to see why it's not allowing you to complete the process via our website, we would need to investigate further. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can take a look at this for you. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, click here.

Thanks!

RogersMaude

roseanne1979
I'm here a lot

I can't either! I have been trying for at least a week!

Hi,

When I click on upgrade my device, the screen stays spinning forever.

I tried this a few days ago, and now it is doing the same.

Thanks

Hello, @roseanne1979, and @amgohan

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums to you both! 🙂

I can understand how important it is to be able to easily upgrade your device.

@roseanne1979 - Can you describe what is happening when you try to make changes to your services using MyRogers?

@amgohan - Are you using your MyRogers app or the Rogers.com website to complete the hardware upgrade?

We look forward to your responses.

RogersTony

I’ve used the app, I used my Mac lap top, I’ve used my desktop PC at work, I’ve tried everything.

Once I go to upgrade phone, it goes to the loading screen, that never loads. It’s just shows the lines that it’s loading, but it never loads!

Makes no sense! I’m eligible for a new phone and I get get one?

Pretty ridiculous!

Thank you for your reply @roseanne1979! Sorry to hear you still have issues upgrading your device.

Being unable to upgrade directly from the MyRogers app is normal as it should open a browser page. Don't forget to always clear your cache and delete your cookies if you have issues with loading the page.

Have you made sure you had an eligible in-market price plan before you went to upgrade your phone? In the past, this has caised some problems for people trying to change device before the proper plan was on the line.

For furrher assistance, send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can take a deeper look into this for you. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, click here.

Thanks!

RogersMaude

I want to upgrade my phone, when I try I get this popup:

"To continue, update your plan

To continue, please update to a Rogers Infinite(TM) plan. With its unlimited shareable data, you’ll never have to worry about overage charges!"

I click to continue and get the new plan but it sends me immediately back to the same page with the same screen that pops up

"To continue, update your plan

To continue, please update to a Rogers Infinite(TM) plan. With its unlimited shareable data, you’ll never have to worry about overage charges!"

Stuck in an infinite loop. Please advise. I just want to upgrade my phone. Nothing works on this website I can't edit my plan or buy a new phone. 

if you are having issues with the web site, then simply stop what you are doing and phone into customer service and have them assist you with your upgrade
Topic Stats