cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(-) Billing Amount

sthom9
I've been here awhile

If your current bill is: -$XX. Does the (-) denote a credit on the account? I retty sure it must as I constantly end up overpaying throug bank.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: (-) Billing Amount

Good day @Alibaba4211,

Thank you for your post!

If your account was cancelled and a credit balance remains on your account after final billing:

• You will be refunded by cheque approximately 20-27 days after your final billing.

If you currently live at a different address than the one we have on file, please let us know.

If more than 4 weeks have passed since your final invoice was generated, we would have the ability to verify what could cause the delay.

Therefore, if you need help simply provide us with the details of the situation.

We are definitely willing to look into this further !

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, a negative should be a credit on the account.

That amount, would be taken off the next bill.

Is your banking set up to do auto withdrawl of a specific amount?
Could start compounding a credit then..
EG:  pay 200 when only for 190.  10 credit.
Your next bill would be 180 then.. but pay 200... now 20 credit, etc.

Re: (-) Billing ammont

Hi

I have - Amount on my final bill from Rogers. How to get my money back?

Good day @Alibaba4211,

Thank you for your post!

If your account was cancelled and a credit balance remains on your account after final billing:

• You will be refunded by cheque approximately 20-27 days after your final billing.

If you currently live at a different address than the one we have on file, please let us know.

If more than 4 weeks have passed since your final invoice was generated, we would have the ability to verify what could cause the delay.

Therefore, if you need help simply provide us with the details of the situation.

We are definitely willing to look into this further !

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

comeba
I've been around

negative means you owe money to rogers?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @comeba

When your account amount is in the Negative, that means you have a credit that was given to you or you paid a bit more. That credit will be put towards your next invoice. So nothing to worry about 🙂

So let's say it shows - $5.00 on the amount, that $5 will be take out from your next invoice. 🙂

When I logged into my Rogers account, I found my account balance at $-50.00. I paid the right amount on my bill and they didn't email me anything or any new bill. It isn't even enough for the bill. I was wondering what happened and why it's at -50. It really don't want to lose $50 for nothing.

-$50.00 is a credit balance, did you make recent changes to your services that reduced the cost of your services, or perhaps had a credit issued for a service problem?  Nice to find out that you have a credit balance and not an increased bill of $50.00 more.

@AlexanderChasewrote:

When I logged into my Rogers account, I found my account balance at $-50.00. I paid the right amount on my bill and they didn't email me anything or any new bill. It isn't even enough for the bill. I was wondering what happened and why it's at -50. It really don't want to lose $50 for nothing.

Good morning @AlexanderChase

Welcome to our Community!

As this is a user to user forum, they will not be able to answer this question without access to your account. I know that unexpected credits or charges to an account can be cause for concern so let us look into it for you.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps and I will further assist. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

So have a minus on my Rogers bill and and I owe the same on my credit card. Which one is right?

Greetings @roberta1553!

Thank you for joining us in the Community Forums and congratulations on your first post! 👍

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. I can see how this would be a bit confusing! Just to clarify my understanding, are you saying that you received a Rogers invoice indicating you have a credit balance, but you have also been charged on your credit card for the exact same amount? 

We'd definitely like to take a closer look for you to see what's up! Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on our Private Messaging system, please CLICK HERE.

Thanks!

RogersLaura

Negative balance

My bill says negative 14 cents, does that mean I owe 14 cents???

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

I would assume that you have a 14 cent credit.

sadiyahmohabir
I've been around

Why has Rogers cancelled my tablet activation. I missed the delivery and was not aware that it was at the purolator faculity and it ended up being sent back to the rogers facility. I received an email saying my wireless service is cancelled and also negative balances. I was told the tablet was free with my new phone upgrade. Do i have to pay these fees?

Greetings, @sadiyahmohabir

Congrats on your first post with us and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound. A new device is always exciting, especially when it comes with a free tablet! That is definitely not the type of experience I want you to be having. 

What kind of tablet did you activate? Are you looking to re-order the tablet at this point in time? If the email is depicting a negative balance, it sounds like it is a credit rather than a charge. With that said, please feel free to send us a PM via @CommunityHelps and we can certainly take a look into this for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog. Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Regards,

RogersJo 

PixiePenny
I plan to stick around
RogersMaude

Not true. 

After more than 20 years of being a loyal Rogers customer I cancelled my wireless business service (First dealt with Charlie Hoffman in 2000).  The business account representative worked out the approximate amount I would owe and I paid a bit more to be sure it would be paid in full and I knew I would have a credit balance. Prior to receipt of final bill I had discussed this credit scenario with Rogers and they explained, similar to what you have said, that once the final bill/invoice was issued they would mail me a cheque for the amount of credit on account and it would take 4-6 weeks before I received said cheque.

I'm now 3months beyond the date I cancelled my account and 2 months beyond date of last bill/invoice.  I have yet to receive a cheque for monies Rogers owes me.  

I called again today and was told the credit was still on account. Rogers business representative explained to me that Rogers does not automatically issue a cheque for a credit balance after an account has been closed. The customer needs to call Rogers and request Rogers issue a cheque for credit. Today the representative said they would process the cheque today, but it would take 4-6weeks... unbelievable. 

Absolutely no reason for anyone to wonder why I left Rogers, they may though wonder why it took me so long.

Truly the End
PixiePenny

Ross_W
I plan to stick around

I missed one payment in error in I think in April. So I made two payments to catch up the next bill. Now every payment I make makes my bills go more and more negative. WHY NOT TAKE MY ACTUAL AMOUNT OWEING AND CREDIT THE OVERPAYMENT. MY AUGUST BILL IS NOW ABOUT MINUS $750.00.
And put the monthly amount in a big font showing what to pay. Show any extra amounts below that.

Den6
I've been around
Should i pay my bill with full amount? Because i paid less $12. Then when i check on my Bill its stay the same. Any advice

Hello @Den6,

A warm welcome to our Rogers Community and thanks for posting your billing concern! 🙂

When making a payment, you'll want to focus on the "Total amount due" or the "Total to pay" when reviewing your monthly bill. If the amount showing is in the minus ($-xx.xx) then this means you have a CREDIT balance and no payment is due at that time. If you have a credit balance, then we will automatically deduct it from your NEXT bill once it is processed.

If you are unsure of your current balance and would like us to confirm, kindly send us a Private Message and we'll be more than happy to check into this for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats