cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted a winback offer, got charged for a regular account.

plasticpapercut
I've been around

So I'd been with Rogers since I got my first phone in 2014, and after paying over $90/month while financing my phone I figured I'd see if I could get something cheaper after I paid it off. Especially since my service only worked about 50% of the time at home.

Calling the cancellation department for a better plan was a waste of time, so I switched to Bell for $50/month for a slightly better plan with 20GB unlimited (and way better coverage). Queue the following email a week ago:

bill.png

I called to accept, explaining this offer over the phone. They seemed pretty happy to sign me up and go through all the activation stuff, but they weren't clear at all about the offer or what I was signing up for. Didn't think anything of it until I just got my first bill for $80, plus the $52.58 in initial setup fees.

bill.png

I got completely bait-and-switched, this is not at all what I agreed to. I don't even want the plan after this, it feels like I got scammed. I just want to cancel everything, get my charges wiped out entirely, or make a CRTC complaint because this is probably the sketchiest customer experience I've had.

*** Edited Labels ***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Accepted a winback offer, got charged for a regular account.

RogersRahul
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @plasticpapercut,

This is not the type of experience we want our customers to have. If you still require assistance, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
RogersRahul

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation