cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Digital Boxes Are Currently Supported?

Stan888
I've been here awhile

Hi,

Am thinking of possibly becoming a Rogers cable TV subscriber again.

Do the following boxes still work on Rogers:

HD Explorer 4250

Nextbox PVR3.0

Thanks,

Stan

***Edited Labels***

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Which Digital Boxes Are Currently Supported?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Stan888 wrote:

...thinking of possibly becoming a Rogers cable TV subscriber again. Do the following boxes still work on Rogers: HD Explorer 4250 Nextbox PVR3.0...

No. Rogers will only allow new/returning customers to subscribe to IgniteTV which comes with it's own different IPTV boxes which record in the cloud.   The legacy digital boxes you mention cannot be used with IgniteTV.

JeffLR
I plan to stick around

home phone, mobile and Internet is with Bell and going to stay that way

janejane1234
I've been here awhile

i have had the same  problem. this has happened 3 times in the past year. rogers tried to tell me my pvr was going. i knew that was not true. eventually the channels came back.  I have 2 boxes both have problems. this week happened again. also happened to my mother in another city and they convinced her to change to ignite even though she has no internet. she now gets much less channels. i am waiting to see if these channels come back again as they did in the past but if they do not i will cancel rogers and get an android box or go to bell. 

janejane1234
I've been here awhile

you cann get ignite by itself because my mother did, howevr, i believe you only have a small channel selection. 

JeffLR
I plan to stick around

I realize I will have to change eventually but Rogers is not an honest player. Bell always offering promotions, one ends and another begins

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you would like to become a NEW rogers TV customer, then NOPE those boxes will not work, they are very old, and part of an old TV technology which is going away very soon. You might as well give them to an existing customer who is financially cash strapped who needs a replacement box, or donate them to good will or something like that. 

If u want to join rogers as a new tv customer, your only choice is ignite tv, you have to rent the boxes from them.

JeffLR
I plan to stick around

The cloud means it can be hacked. Rogers is not consumer friendly

Topic Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 8 in conversation