cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my Nextbox busted?

Torontonianca
I've been here awhile

All the recordings in my Nextbox just disappeared. I can schedule a new recording, but it won't record. And I cannot pause, rewind or FF any live programs. Changing channels and search work fine. There are no weird sounds coming from the Nextbox.
Does this mean there is no hope to retrieve my recordings? I am getting conflicting information from Rogers tech support and no resolution.

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is my Nextbox busted?

stepy2015
I plan to stick around

probably a head hard drive, there are several form posts that show you how to get into diagnostic mode to view the HDD status (I forget the key combo). Before we switched to ignite we had this issue with a nextbox and since we owned it Rogers said they could not help us. I ended up replacing the drive myself, I got a 3.5 inch WD purple SATA drive however any SATA drive will work. As for your recordings, they are probably gone, they are not stored in a format you can easily retrieve. Our nextbox drive failed completely so I wasn't even able to reformat and reuse it, it failed all SMART tests when hooked up to my pc

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor
I had a similar problem. Have you tried rebooting the box?

Torontonianca
I've been here awhile

Only about ten times 😞

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation