cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Home Monitoring - error connecting to server

sg232
I plan to stick around

I have been having an issue the last several hours of trying to connect to smart home monitoring through the app saying "error connecting to server". I checked my internet and its been working fine. Checked on all devices and same issue.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Smart Home Monitoring - error connecting to server

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sg232 @teknowiz

This could be the answer why. I got this text a couple day ago..

" Rogers service message: As part of our ongoing improvements to your Rogers Smart Home Monitoring service, we will be updating the software on your Touchpad with new features, security updates and bug fixes. Specifically, new enhancements to our popular free 24x7 Video recording feature that allows you to continuously record one HD camera 24 hours/day for 7 days. This update will automatically occur in the next two weeks at an idle time when your system is DIS-Armed. The upgrade takes approximately 5-10 minutes, and your system will be unavailable for use during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for being a Smart Home Monitoring customer. "

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

teknowiz
I've been here awhile
I have same error as well, glad it's just not me.

This really reduces my confidence in the Rogers security system since it seems like system wide issues.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sg232 @teknowiz

This could be the answer why. I got this text a couple day ago..

" Rogers service message: As part of our ongoing improvements to your Rogers Smart Home Monitoring service, we will be updating the software on your Touchpad with new features, security updates and bug fixes. Specifically, new enhancements to our popular free 24x7 Video recording feature that allows you to continuously record one HD camera 24 hours/day for 7 days. This update will automatically occur in the next two weeks at an idle time when your system is DIS-Armed. The upgrade takes approximately 5-10 minutes, and your system will be unavailable for use during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for being a Smart Home Monitoring customer. "

teknowiz
I've been here awhile
Thanks for the info. I never got this text and issue started while system was armed so not sure is it was due to the update. Touchpad was responsive, just not able to use smartphone app to login.

Issue seems fixed now.

sg232
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the update. Issue got fixed last night. 

dcq5
I've been here awhile

This does not explain why I can log in on my iPad but I only get the error on my iphone. 

Hello @dcq5,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It's quite strange that the Smart Home Monitoring App works fine on your iPad but not on your iPhone. Was there an update done to either the App or the iOS on your iPhone recently? Can you confirm the version of the App on your iPad versus on the iPhone?

We may need to escalate a Ticket to our Network Engineers to see what could be causing this. Keep us posted on the answers to the questions above and we can do our best to troubleshoot this for you.

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony 

First - why do I have to communicte with Rogers via a message board?  Why is there no customer service option for just sending an e-mail for a one-to-one conversation.

Second - The system is not consistently following the rules I have set up - the night temperature is is not being followed and the house is way to warm.

Third - As of a few days ago I cannot log into the web home monitoring application because there is a new log-in page.  Why is a separate login required from within my Rogers account?  And, there is no option for a password reset.

I am not impressed.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @svetter

1). Rogers removed the emailing option 2-3yrs ago. This was due to the efforts to have customers call on, use social media and Live chat. You can also private message the MOD staff here for help. Not many companies are using emailing. Especially for technical support such as Smart home Security.

2). I have noticed this my self.. However it happens during any time. I contacted Rogers Smart Home technical support and they assisted me with the issue. You will need to log a ticket with their support for this.

3). Due to security reasons, they need to revalidate your account. This happens with most Security systems. If someone compromised your Rogers account, they would have access to your Smart Home Security as well. ADT does this as well and so does Bell.

Promptplumbing
I've been around
This company is garbage
They told me that I can cancel my account after I just spent $1000 in cameras and upgrades and been with there service for internet phone and cameras for my business..

I wish everyone would stop using them

They have a problem that they cant coc and tell you to go away...Haha what a joke

angloresidence
I've been around

I keep getting this 'error connecting to server' more frequently. It takes longer to sign in to the app. What is going on? My mom is old and has not data to use this app and she cant run and disarm/alarm it every time she needs to leave the house - I am responsible for disarming/alarming our system when people are away. If I can't use the app when I'm away from home, then what is the point of paying all this money for a security system? Waste of my money. 

App not working, cannot log on if there is a problem please advise! So frustrating!

Both of you may want to post some more information.

What OS is the phone running?
What version of the APP?

Is the app version the newest (does it need updating).

I am running the latest iOS on iphone, with the latest iOS app, and was able to connect yesterday and today no issues with it.

salmantaqi80
I've been around

I am having issue connecting smart home monitoring from my app since morning cannot giving error checked  my home internet rebooted as well working perfectly fine . But still having same issue on the app

Hello, @salmantaqi80

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it is to have consistent access to your Home Monitoring App. Does this happen on all of the devices you've tested thus far? Do you see any error message on the Smart Home Monitoring Touchscreen?

If you are not seeing any errors on the Touchscreen and everything appears to be working well inside of the home please try uninstalling and then reinstalling the App on your device.

Let us know if issues are persistent!

RogersTony

BigFisch
I've been around
Delete and re install app on your phone if that persists, has worked for me

jax70
I've been here awhile

I recently moved and the smart hub itself I cannot get to pair with the app, no matter what I try. Was working fine with my phone until we moved and I changed the pw on the wifi. It connects to the hub on its own wifi, but when connecting back to my net and reaching their server is a no go.....without that paired I cannot add the camera back to the system. I've tried resetting modem, hub, camera, to no avail. 

jax70
I've been here awhile

Few mins ago I get this, not sure if the 2 are related.

Restoration efforts are underway
There is a network interruption in your area. We’re sorry if you’re having trouble using your TV, internet or home phone services. We know you rely on our services and networks, and keeping you connected is critical now more than ever.

Our technicians are working as quickly as possible to make the repairs in your area and get services up and running again. We’ll send you another message when we have an update.

Sincerely,
Rogers Communications

Hello, @jax70

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We appreciate you posting your concern to the community. I know how important it is to have your Smart Home Monitoring(SHM) system working properly so you can monitor and manage your home while away.

The notification that you reported does not appear to be specific to SHM. We'll need a bit more information before we can determine what steps to take next.

• Can you describe what is happening when you sign into the app? Do you get a specific error message from the system?
  • When you connected all the equipment at your new address did you reconnect the Netgear router to your modem? The Netgear provides the WiFi to the SHM system and is required for everything to work as intended. 
  • Can you confirm if the camera is working on your Touchscreen but not working via the app?

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 13 in conversation