cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers home monitoring disarms itself in the middle of the night

bmartins
I've been here awhile

This happens fairly often, in the middle of the night typical 4-5am in that time frame will disarm and all of the keypads beep as they system is disarmed. It will then re-arm itself a few minutes later. Now to awaken to this is not fun as you think someone has entered your home. How is it even possible for this to happen? None of the remote options are even accessible as I unplugged their completely insecure wireless access point they installed with no encryption and wide open exposing my home and internet.

***Added Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rogers home monitoring disarms itself in the middle of the night

RogersTony

Hello, @bmartins

I can only imagine how concerning and frustrating it is to experience these types of issues with your security systems, especially in the middle of the night.

We definitely want to investigate this fully for you to see what is causing this and find a solution for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

RogersTony

That does sound odd.. I know I had some weird things of the alarm being set off in the middle of the night, due to a faulty sensor.  But never had it disarm.

As for the wireless router.. sounds like someone didn't do the setup correctly.
Generally yes, there is a separate wireless router that is pre configured and used for the security system.  It sits ontop of your regular network (so technically double NAT'd).
But the modem shouldn't be OPEN and no security..  Should be secured and encrypted.

adhyas
I've been here awhile
Hi, I had the exact same thing happen 2 nights ago. At 4:10 am it was disarmed which woke me up because of the chimes. I looked around the house and out the windows and nothing. Within 5 min, it was re'armed automatically! I guess I will need to contact Roger's too!
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation