Home monitoring camera

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Home monitoring camera

I had the camera installed about 3 months ago.

Has anyone been able to view live feed from the home security camera online via web browser from a desktop computer or tablet?

I have tried at both home and work with no luck.  Even though my security camera is within 2 feet of my router and hub, I still get the message "The system is unable to establish camera connections.  Please try again in a few minutes.  If the problem persists, ensure the camera is within range of your hub  "

Is it not designed to provide a live feed on a regular web browser?    I have updated java, tried on Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, but nothing works.  It only works on my cell phone app. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. viewing from the web browser is a pain.

Chrome and FireFox does not work.

If your able to view via the App, the cameras are connected properly.. and its just the browser (chrome for example says it cant connect... but its not necessarily a connection issue.. its more it trying to load the applet.)

IE does work for me.
IE 11 on a windows 10 machine.
Does not work on Edge though.  By default windows 10 defaults to EDGE (the default E logo is edge, and not IE)  But IE 11 is still on the machine.

I Plan to Stick Around

Smart Home Web Access in Chrome - Camera doesn't load

Everytime I login into my MyRogers->Smart Home Monitoring->Web Access Control, my camera never loads up. Just a spinning circle in the web page. Running Google Chrome.

Hello @Mindcore,

I can understand how viewing the cameras via a computer can be more convenient, at times, than using the mobile App.

Have you tried any other browsers other than Google Chrome to see if the same issue is occuring? Please ensure you have the most recent version of Flash Player downloaded on your browser of choice. If you have not already, please try to access your cameras using Incognito Mode in Google Chrome and let us know if you have better results.

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For you to have it work in chome, you need to allow that page to run flash (usually an error up in the URL bar)

I've Been Around

Can you zoom in to the camera view from your home monitoring camera?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, I have logged into the system with my phone, and go into the live view.. and am able to 'pinch' and zoom on the picture.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Signed up for the service a couple of months ago based on simpleness for my significant other.  

I've got one camera recording 24/7 and I've set up a rule to record on motion, however, it seems to record on ANY movement what-so-ever or if there's a change in the sun hitting the wall.  It's annoying to have to go in daily and remove 30 recorded clips every day.

Anybody got a better solution or suggestion?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With these.. unfortunately not 😞

Thats the issues with about 3/4 of the cameras out there. 
There are tons now which are easily set up, wifi on some, great for viewing/accessing outside the house, etc..

But.. they seems to not have a lot in the way of adjustments.
Some will have a very basic 'sensitivity' setting on them.. some not even that.

You really need to get into the much more expensive,  higher end DVR based units.. to start getting ones where there is much more sensitivity in them, where you can block out areas of the cameras view to not have it track motion in that area, etc.

Hello, @bla2342342342

I know how tedious it must be trying to sift through all of those motion-activated recordings when there is no actual significant motion in the clips.

It sounds like the sensitivity of the motion cameras are set too high. You can adjust this in the settings on the Touchscreen or via the App. Please see the steps below for each method.

Via Touchscreen: settings - master code (4381, Tech ID: 1111) - home devices - cameras - edit camera - select camera - motion sensitivity drop down.

Via Mobile App: click on more - manage devices - select camera - scroll down to the motion sensitivity area.

Let us know if the same issue is persistent!

RogersTony