Home monitoring camera

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Home monitoring camera

I believe it’s the Icam2. I have it Ethernet between camera and netgear and power line adapter between netgear and modem. It was previously wireless but tech hooked it up this way blaming week signal which turned out not to be source of problem. It is located outside front door in alcove. I can leave house and it doesn’t see me then come back after 10 mine and it sees me.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have the Netgear Arlo system at my home. This is not the same as what you have, but perhaps the following may help:

In the instructions for setting up the motion-activated cameras it states that cameras that detect motion should be located so that movement "across" the camera is most easily detected (side to side), while movement towards may work and movement away is "the worst".  Here is the text from the user manual.  Perhaps properly positioning your cameras will get them to work better.   Check your operating/setup/user manual?

• Elevate your camera. Mount your Arlo motion‐detection camera at least 7 feet (2 meters) above the floor and aim it slightly downward for the best sensor performance.

• Ensure that side-to-side traffic crosses Arlo’s field of view. Arlo’s motion sensor is much more sensitive to side‐to‐side movement across its field of view than to movement directly toward or away from the camera. The best area for motion detection is 5 feet to 20 feet (1.5 to 6 meters) from the camera position.

•  

For best results, position the camera so that the path of expected motion crosses Arlo’s field of view and does not head directly into or away from the camera. For example, if you want to detect motion near a couch, place the camera to the side of the couch, rather than above it or opposite it.

This is why it may not "see" you when you're leaving.  Also, it usually takes a second or two for the recording to start.  You should be able to test various scenarios. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.

Thats the same one that I have.. 
the powerline there, shouldnt be the issue then, where it is.

That its outside thats the only other thing i can think.
From what i was talking with a tech recently.. they have stopped selling the outdoor ones as they just didnt work well outdoors still.
That the extra light, cold, etc might be effecting it?

Mine is in the front hall inside.

I've Been Here Awhile

hi my name is peter. I just switched wi fi routers and my indoor cameras stopped working. can you help?

I've Been Here Awhile

Ah I hooked it up to the new router
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PRDConsulting

You need to plug it into the little Namco Netgear modem they give u.

EDIT. Seen that you got it set up. Good to hear!
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I access picture when activity says ‘still’?

Hello @mvradford,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your very first post! 😃

I can appreciate how important it is to be able to access the pictures for your Smart Home Monitoring system.

It sounds like you have one of our motion-activated cameras. In order to have a picture/video clip recorded if there is motion/shows no motion detected you would need to set up an automation rule. You can set up rules via the Mobile App or the Web Control Centre on a computer. You also have the option to record 24/7 from 1 camera to an SD card which can be installed in the Touchscreen.

If you have never set up a rule before or are not familiar with 24/7 recording, let the Community know and we will be happy to assist you!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

We have 4 cameras. One is recording. When another camera indicates ‘motion detected, still’ I assume that means a picture has been taken. Would my rule have to turn off the camera which is recording to grab a still from another camera?

Hello @mvradford,

The rules for the motion camera can be set up to take a picture/video clip when there is Motion and when it becomes Still again after motion has been detected. These would have to be set up as two individual rules one for each state.

The rule does not need to turn off the camera that is recording 24/7 to the local SD card.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony