cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Messages

jay21317
I plan to stick around

To start with I have been getting almost daily emails and text messages from rogers about there new streaming service, Anyone know what I have to do to stop these, I have asked rogers repeatedly to stop spamming me. ON a slightly related note, every time I get a voicemail I also get a text message at the same time, saying I have one. So, if my sister calls me, and leaves a voice mail, as soon as the phone registers the voicemail, I get a text message saying I have one from her and its in her messaging thread, acting like she is telling me, its also telling me the message is urgent every single time, and no its not that person texting me, because it does it for home phones too. anyone know how to turn these text messages off as well,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Spam Messages

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i am not part of 'you guys' i dont work for rogers.. i am a regular user, just like you 😛

You have loged into your MYROGERS.

Click on the MyRogers Profile tab
Under the lower/inside tabs, click on Update Marketing Permissions

your options there..email, text, etc... go into each of those.
CHECK the boxes.. that you DO NOT want contact from.

That should get rid of the 'advertising' stuff hopefully.

For the voicemail.. that is a different thing.
You specifically need to call in to have that feature removed.... it should be possible, i had it done like YEARS ago.
Cant remember if the billing/feature guys can change it, or if its tech support. 

***Update***

Just wanted to state a minor change in the procedure listed above on how to locate your marketing opt-out options

Log in to your MyRogers account > Hover over MyRogers tab > Select Update Profile > Select Update Marketing Permissions

From there check the boxes for the methods in which you do not wish to be contacted.

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The message about the voicemail, is something you can call in about, and they can turn off the feature.
(may be on by default on some plans.. i turned mine off ages ago)

As for the spam messages, etc from rogers.. best i can sugest, is go into your MYROGERS, and check your contact preferences there.. make sure that contact may X, Y, Z is set to OFF (i think that checking them, means OFF)

jay21317
I plan to stick around

Sorry took so long to get back too you, I have been extremely sick, anyway their is nothing listed for text messages under my account, as for the calling in, I have repeatedly, all told i have been removed from the text message spam from you guys, and its still happening.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i am not part of 'you guys' i dont work for rogers.. i am a regular user, just like you 😛

You have loged into your MYROGERS.

Click on the MyRogers Profile tab
Under the lower/inside tabs, click on Update Marketing Permissions

your options there..email, text, etc... go into each of those.
CHECK the boxes.. that you DO NOT want contact from.

That should get rid of the 'advertising' stuff hopefully.

For the voicemail.. that is a different thing.
You specifically need to call in to have that feature removed.... it should be possible, i had it done like YEARS ago.
Cant remember if the billing/feature guys can change it, or if its tech support. 

***Update***

Just wanted to state a minor change in the procedure listed above on how to locate your marketing opt-out options

Log in to your MyRogers account > Hover over MyRogers tab > Select Update Profile > Select Update Marketing Permissions

From there check the boxes for the methods in which you do not wish to be contacted.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I have all that stuff unchecked. However, I still get the occasional text from Rogers announcing rate increases for my plan. Texts to and from Rogers are no charge.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Norah
I plan to stick around

You said "I have all that stuff unchecked"....but in this case, a "check" means NO I DONT WANT IT.  So "check" what you DONT WANT and that might work.  Good luck!

jay21317
I plan to stick around

Thank you, they had moved that section which is why I was having troubles finding it. really buried it.

Norah
I plan to stick around

When I click on Update Marketing Permissions, it won't let me.  Says my account is not associated with my Profile.  So I went to live chat.   After being transferred three times, and finally a techie tells me here is a bug in my Profile, its to be deleted (he did this for me) and I was to set it up again.  Well, turns out I have to use a different email address, I don't have another one.  So he says all he can do is reset my password.  Ok, done that.  Back to square one, I still don't have access to Update Market Permissions.  I went to the phone help, and am told I need to choose a different email address.  I give up.

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

That is so sad that the techies can't even access it and shut it off for you.. Smiley Sad

When my wife was getting spammed by Rogers I called in and they changed the setting and away we go. If I recall correctly I think she said it would take till the next billing period to take effect but it did happen . Heck , I don't even know how to find  her profile or half of this stuff you're talking about on the website.  

If an authorized and informed Techie can't  adjust the settings at the carriers end , it is indeed a sad day . . . ..Smiley Sad

Marketing Permissions have always been hit-and-miss for me. For instance, even though I've had Rogers wireless service for almost 7 years, when I go into text marketing permissions and try to change it, I always get a message saying there are no cellular phones associated with my account, or words to that effect. I've even called in to get this fixed, but it never happened. One way to stop text messages from Rogers is to reply STOP, if the option is there. That worked for me.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Norah wrote:

You said "I have all that stuff unchecked"....but in this case, a "check" means NO I DONT WANT IT.  So "check" what you DONT WANT and that might work.  Good luck!

You're right! And I do have them unchecked. However, I've never noticed any excessive spam from Rogers, so I'll just leave that alone in case I miss something free. 😉

(I got my first PVR as a freebie from a telemarketing call some years ago when Rogers discontinued the SA8300SD.)

Norah
I plan to stick around

Oldyeller, thanks for the comment.  I still can't access my Update Marketing Permissions.  I get a comment saying "sorry, your account has not yet been associated with your online profile. Please come back in 48 hours".  According to live-chat, it was a bug in my profile, tried to set up a new profile, but that required another email address.  After another call to live-chat, and resetting my password, I still have to access to Marketing Permissions.  this has been escalted, and I'm waiting for a response.  For the piddley bit I use my cellphone, I'm wondering to just trash the thing and go back to "no cell phone", life was good then!

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

Or just shut it off and use it when you need to to make a call .Smiley Wink .  

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I only turn on my cellphone when I leave the house because it's Pay-Go only for emergencies. If I wanted to use it all day long, I'd get one of the high price plans and cancel my home phone.

EhmTeeEhf
I'm a reliable contributor

I know what your talking about but in wireless we have limited access to profiles and changes, normally the control of the account is handled by live chat. We can do password resets and so forth but alot of that control is more of a rogers.com account issue, so we don't get access to those things as they are not under the wireless scope of support. I agree we should have it and i mentioned this to my team manager a few weeks back. Additionally i believe alot of power is being given to the End User to change those things in the future. 

But definetly Live Chat should have full access to rogers.com profile things.

Hope it works for you 

Regards

DM12
I've been around

Hi

I've been receiving unsolicited texts with offers from Rogers. How can I turn these off?

Pangea
I've been around

I have received what I think is a scam over text message from the number (819) 219-0331, I think Rogers should be aware of this.

Here is the text:

Hi, it's Rogers: Thanks for being with us! Here's an extra 1GB of data per month at no extra cost for xxxxxxxxxx(my number). Enjoy this offer at http://rogerswireless.net.

Do not click on that site, I think it's a phising site not affiliated with Rogers mimicking the Rogers' site.

The whois info on the site shows the registrant as being marcostpierre@gmail.com so it's definetely some kind of scam.

***Edited Labels***

Hi @Pangea

Welcome to the Community and thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

We’re always looking for ways to thank our customers for choosing Rogers, whether it’s through a promotional offer or as a random surprise and delight to thank customers for their loyalty.

To accept the bonus data, we ask our customers to reply “Yes” to the SMS; they do not have to click any links or enter personal information. Customers should take care of their security and privacy and never click on links from unknown numbers.

Rogers will never send a regular SMS that asks you to provide, confirm, or verify personal, login or account information or include a link to an online service in a regular SMS and ask you to sign in using that link. Customers can report any suspicious texts or emails to abuse@rogers.com

@DM12 Would you be able to share a screen shot of the offer you've received? Please ensure you've blacked out any perosnal info as the Community is a public platform.

RogersZia

EhmTeeEhf
I'm a reliable contributor

Yeah we don't use .net as part of the rogers website family. Anything official as far as i Know would ask you go to sign into my rogers, or even to call us with our 18xx phone info. Never would we ask you for any personal info.

90% of these texts are spammers. Even if its looking legit, I would always call *611 or 1888rogers1 to get accurate information.

Spammers are hoping you won't read the whole message. In this message what pops out is "free" and "1GB Data" so remember to read the entire message and if necessary Call us. 

Hi i just got a text from this number

1 (418)-482-6016
Heres what the text said

Rogers Rewards: We celebrate our 31th year of anniversary, we offering 61.75$ to all our value clients. To accept your bonus:

Link removed for security reasons - RogersMoin

Thank you for being a loyal Rogers Wireless Customer !

I want to know if i can trust it or if its a scam from some random person

@JanineZolorycki I'm pretty sure that is a scam, I tried clicking the link and my firewall blocked it right away.

Topic Stats