cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Messages

jay21317
I plan to stick around

To start with I have been getting almost daily emails and text messages from rogers about there new streaming service, Anyone know what I have to do to stop these, I have asked rogers repeatedly to stop spamming me. ON a slightly related note, every time I get a voicemail I also get a text message at the same time, saying I have one. So, if my sister calls me, and leaves a voice mail, as soon as the phone registers the voicemail, I get a text message saying I have one from her and its in her messaging thread, acting like she is telling me, its also telling me the message is urgent every single time, and no its not that person texting me, because it does it for home phones too. anyone know how to turn these text messages off as well,

48 REPLIES 48

Re: Spam Messages

CollegeStudent
I've been around

Just got a text today saying: 

Rogers Wireless: "We overcharged your account on previous payment. A refund has been sent to you. Deposit:" followed by a link.

Funny thing is, I'm not even with Rogers anymore...I switched over to Freedom mobile in the summer. Don't even clink on the link. These scammers have got to make a better living than this. 

I tried to forward a spam SMS to 7726 and got this error: Messaging is sending g a large number of SMS messages. Do you want to allow this app to continue sending mssages"

Hello, @patdrummond.

I appreciate you trying to forward a smishing text to 7726; forwarding such texts to us is really helpful for investigation and blocking them from our network. 

When you hold on the text and select forward and enter 7726 in the To field the messaging app should only send one message. Depending on the phone, the default phone/message app can block and report the number without forwarding the text message. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

lsebek
I've been around

I keep getting the same recorded message to call "Mobile Directory assistance at #2030, even though I am initially connecting with the company I wish to call and have gone through their IVR system and selected the number for "all other".

Hello, @lsebek

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

IVR systems can be tricky to navigate so we'll be happy to look into this for you and try to help find a solution. 

Can you confirm which company you were trying to connect to when the IVR was not working properly? We'd need a bit more information in order to try to assist you.

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

Hey Community, 

I received this smishing text today, please never click on the links in such suspicious text messages.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

nfl
I've been here awhile

First Rogers told me that $4.99 charge for #2030 is a gaming app I installed on my phone. I have no such thing and even if I did, it would be an Apple fee. Then they said it's a $4.99 Dating service fee. I also have no such thing and again, even if I did, it would be an Apple fee, not Rogers billing me for apps.  I told them it was Rogers marketing forcing me to opt out of marketing materials and the guy kept telling me it's these apps.  He removed the fee making  a "one time exception" but it's super annoying. I have repeatedly opted out over the years from all Rogers made-up fees. How can we get this to stop once and for all.

Topic Stats