Spam Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Spam Messages

@JanineZolorycki I'm pretty sure that is a scam, I tried clicking the link and my firewall blocked it right away.

I've Been Here Awhile

Alright thanks Smiley Happy

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JanineZolorycki wrote:

Hi i just got a text from this number

1 (418)-482-6016
Heres what the text said

Rogers Rewards: We celebrate our 31th year of anniversary, we offering 61.75$ to all our value clients. To accept your bonus:

Link removed for security reasons - RogersMoin

Thank you for being a loyal Rogers Wireless Customer !

I want to know if i can trust it or if its a scam from some random person

Spam for sure, judging by the "$" symbol being placed after the amount, unless it's French. 

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

reporting a fraudulent text?

Just received a text message that is fake.

My account is up to date and there are no outstanding balances (debits or refunds).

Obviously I did not reply to it.

Should I be sending this text message somewhere?... reporting it to someone?

Details:

Rogers Alert: We mistakenly overcharged your account due to a system error.
A refund of $119.82 has beens(sic) sent to you.

Deposit funds: http://rogers.com-et-transfer.com

Call Details:

+12898291478
08/06/2017
07:50pm

I've Been Around

I received a text today from (819) 432-0838 - stating, 'E-transfer: A refunf of 50$ has been sent to you by Rogers for overcharging your account. Please collect your refund by following this link:' followed by a link to collect-your-funds.ca with a blurry Interac e-Transfer photo. Please be aware that this is a scam and is not how Rogers contacts their customers regarding payments/charges. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

A scam for sure. Don't respond to illiterate texts. Educated people don't put the $ sign after the amount except in French.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

If you get a text from this number... +1 (819) 432-0838 do not click on link as it is a scam...it says Rogers has overcharged you and wants to give you a $50 refund...no thanks scammers Rogers will just credit my account!

I've Been Here Awhile

I received the same text but deleted it because I knew it was fake...reported it also

I've Been Around

FRAUD TXT MSG CLAIMING YOU GET A REFUND FOR ROGERS SERVICES OUTAGE!!!

Hey ... check this out!

Someone is trying to impersonate you ("ROGERS") and scam us ("The Customer)

The following came via

Dear Rogers costumers, due to service interruptions, you get refunded. Please follow the link to claim your money: Link removed for security reasons - RogersShaun

This came from phone number:

+1 (289) 980-8104

Date: Tues. July 11th 2017
Time: 10:54pm

Don't fall for this! He/She will have your banking # and Pswd should you try and claim (the supposed 75 bucks) refund!

Watch out !!!

I've Been Here Awhile

Is anyone here been scamed by the #2030 number? GOOGLE THIS. If you do its a scam that rogers and other networks are allowing a $4.99 charge on your bill. Do not pay! This is a scam and if anything rogers and the other networks are part of it. DO NOT PAY, CALL YOUR PROVIDER AND COMPLAIN AND HAVE THE COST REFUNDED.

Coming on PPV!
Spence vs. Garcia Live
LIVE: Saturday March 16, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV customers can order as of March 13
DTV Customers can order as of March 14
Spence vs. Garcia Promo

IBF welterweight world Champion Errol Spence Jr. (24-0, 21 KOs) will defend his belt against four-division world champion and current WBC lightweight titlist Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs), who will move up two weight divisions to go for a world title in a fifth division in a meeting between two of boxing’s elite pound-for-pound best in the world.

Topic Stats