Verify your number text message

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Verify your number text message

Hi - I received this text this evening. I did not request a change to my contact number.

Your contact number has been updated. Verify your number via this link:
rogers.com/v?uuid=[removed link]
If you ’re not updating a Rogers contact number, or have already verified it, please ignore this message.

Is this a legitimate Rogers text message?

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Verify your number text message

Good evening @ryankeaveney,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm glad you've reached out to verify. This is definitely a spam message. We wouldn't ask you to verify sensitive personal information via SMS. If you'd like, you can forward the content of the SMS to 7726 (SPAM), to register it for investigation and blocking from the Rogers  network. The messages sent to 7726 are analysed in batches as they are received. 

As always please be diligent about sharing your personal or financial information online or with unknown senders/numbers. No matter how "legitimate" it may seem. 

RogersZia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Good evening @ryankeaveney,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm glad you've reached out to verify. This is definitely a spam message. We wouldn't ask you to verify sensitive personal information via SMS. If you'd like, you can forward the content of the SMS to 7726 (SPAM), to register it for investigation and blocking from the Rogers  network. The messages sent to 7726 are analysed in batches as they are received. 

As always please be diligent about sharing your personal or financial information online or with unknown senders/numbers. No matter how "legitimate" it may seem. 

RogersZia

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you! I’ve forwarded the textmessage to the number you’ve provided. Stay safe!