Received Call & Text For Someone Else--What Should I Do?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Received Call & Text For Someone Else--What Should I Do?

I recieved a call from Roger's communications, but the name linked to the account wasn't mine, it was someone else and they haven't called since I told them this is my number but the other day I recieved a text message from a website with the other person name attached saying so and so. I'm worried it'll mess with my credit or payments

**Labels Added**

Re: Received Call & Text For Someone Else--What Should I Do?

Hi @X0RAINBOW!

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and great first post! 😀

I can certainly understand your concern with receiving a call and text message for another person. May I please clarify if the name was the same for both the call and text message you received? 

From what I gather, it could be that this person may have had your current phone number previously, and therefore, their name (along with your phone number) may still be on the marketing lists for certain establishments. With that being said, unless you are receiving notifications that there are outstanding accounts under YOUR NAME SPECIFICALLY, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You wouldn't be held accountable for any services or debts that are under someone else's name to which there is no association.

If you receive any further calls or text messages for someone else, you may politely let them know that they have the wrong phone number and request to opt-out of their marketing list. You can also find instructions on how to add your phone number to the National Do Not Call List by clicking HERE

I hope this helps! 🙂

RogersLaura