cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

fae45
I've been here awhile

I received the following email from "Rogers Comm"<rlall1@rogers.com> with the subject "undisclosed-recipients" and message:

Dear Valid User,

To Your Notice: We found out that your email has been suspended by our mail service! due to the unrecognized login area activities. To activate back your account click on the link below else we shall suspend your account within 24hrs.

RESOLVE ISSUE NOW (Removed the malicious link - RogersMoin)

DON'T IGNORE FOR MA!L-BOX PROTECTION.

Thank you,
Rogers Communications

<rlall1@rogers.com>

The bad English and the fact that I received this email while logged into an apparently suspended account (although it also says the account will be suspended in 24 hours) made me suspicious that this was just another scam. Can Rogers confirm that this email is not from them? 

Frank 

*Added Labels*

104 REPLIES 104

Re: Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

mikenro
I've been around

I got this one today, the bad english and the email address - I never did initiate to Shut down.

8/9/2020 5:34 PM

Imcoming Hold

Rogers Secure Mail.

Dear User, 

You Recently Initiated an Action to Shut down your Rogers ? If No, Kindly Cancel Request below 

Thanks for choosing Rogers

Regards, 

Rogers Mail Team        

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

what a bunch of scam, they are even using an old yahoo logo that has since changed. screams with scam all over it

sbasu
I've been around

I received the following email that looks very suspect. I wonder why Rogers does not block these emails right at source. The email was sent by a fake "@rogers.com" address.  I am sure many users will get confused and fall for the trap. 

Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .
You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not  confirmed  within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required  to Upgrade through the link below. 

UPGRADE AND CONFIRM

To log in, you'll need your Rogers ID. This is usually your email address.

Protecting your information is important to us and we work continuously to strengthen the threats targeting our Financial Institution.  

Sincerely,
The Rogers Mail Secure Team.

dlindop
I'm here a lot

Received the same email. Thanks. It took me a little while to confirm that this is a scam.

vobratov
I've been around
Received this today from rxxxxxey@rogers.com (edited for privacy)

On Tuesday, August 25, 2020, 01:48:14 p.m. EDT, Rogers <rxxxxxey@rogers.com> (edited for privacy) wrote:

Dear User,

The Classic version of Rogers Yahoo Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 25th of Aug 2020. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access. 

Please click here  (possible malicious link removed) to re-validate your mailbox.

Note: Failure to comply within 24hrs might lead to permanent deactivation.

Rogers Yahoo Mail

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
just a FYI any email coming from @rogers.com is just a personal email of another Rogers Yahoo high speed internet customer.

A proper and authentic email from the Rogers Organization or employees will actually come from @rci.rogers.com. but mind you, those can be spoofed too, but its something to look out for to help you filter out the spam

Best of luck

Recently received a couple of emails stating my Rogers email account requires updating.
“Dear User,
Your incoming messages were placed on hold due to our recent upgrade. UPDATE your mail-box to receive new messages that are pending and upgraded to the latest version.
Warning: failure will cause permanent Shutdown if you do not Update!
Service Mail Support”
I have confirmed this is scam. I have reported it to Rogers.

brice90
I plan to stick around

ROGERS ALERT!!!

Rogers <XXX@rogers.com>

ROGERS PASSWORD

Dear User,

Your password is due to expire today Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Please Kindly use the below to continue with the same password

KEEP SAME PASSWORD

Hello @brice90,

Thanks for posting this information for the rest of the community, we appreciate the heads up! 🙂 

If you haven't already and would like to report the suspicious email, please take a screenshot of the email (including the email header) and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received". They will then open up an investigation on the backend.

Please remember to never click on any questionable links, nor should you respond with any personal details. 

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

RM6
I'm here a lot
Been getting this for over a month from varied yahoo & rogers accounts.

Have know idea what there looking for.

Good Day @RM6

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, I hope you're staying safe and sound. 😊 Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! This would be concerning to me as well. It's imperative to be aware of email scams! Just a reminder to never click on any questionable links, nor should you respond with any personal details. If you can please take a screenshot of the email including the email headers, and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received"we can investigate this further. 

Thanks!

RogersJo

Yesterday received an email asking if I still wish to have the same password, Deleted the email and changed my password. I know passwords don't expire so it is a red flag it is a scam

Toup
I've been around

Today I received a convincing fake Rogers e-bill email.

At first sight, the email looks identical to the legitimate email I received every month from Rogers.

The email reads as follows:

Here are your billing details:

Current Bill Total: $1244.60

Required payment date: Oct 16, 2020

Please find more details in attached file

Usually I'm really careful with that kind of message but today I got caught and I stupidly clicked on the attachment. The document didn't open. I panicked when I saw the bill amount and didn't notice that the payment was due today. I don't know if this was part of the scam but I got a notification that the document was using an old version of excel and then, I closed the notification and logged in MyRogers account to find out that my balance is $0. I have reported the email to abuse@rogers.com. Now I'm going to spend a few sleepless night wondering if something bad will happen to me.

Aliasbella
I've been around

**** Attention. - Suggesting bizarre amount due On my account - BE AWARE *******
Hope someone from Rogers is monitoring these postings !!! 🤬
Date: October 20, 2020 at 1:44:16 PM EDT
To: @rogers.com
Subject: You Rogers bill is now available

Your online bill is ready.

Here are your billing details:
Current Bill Total: $1244.69
Required payment date: Oct 16, 2020
Please find more details in attached file.

Pay your Rogers bill with a no-fee Rogers Mastercard and earn 1% in cash back rewards! Learn more

Learn more about MyRogersTM
© Rogers Communications Canada Inc. Twitter Facebook

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | rogers.com
Rogers Communications | One Mount Pleasant Road | Toronto ON M4Y 2Y5

Attachment was included and not opened

Greetings, @Toup, and @Aliasbella

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, I hope you guys are staying safe and sound.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I can understand the importance of making sure we track and hunt down suspected email spammers. We know how annoying these messages and calls can be. Rest assured, Rogers uses sophisticated anti-spam software on our networks to protect you from spammers. We also have a dedicated team that monitors and detect mobile messaging threats and creates configurations to block current/new issues in real-time.

If you haven't already and would like to report the suspicious email, please take a screenshot of the email (including the email header) and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received". They will then open up an investigation on the backend.

Please remember to never click on any questionable links, nor should you respond with any personal details. 

Kind Regards,

RogersMike

Thank you for mentioning this cuz I too received same email. When checking return email address, it is correct. Notified Rogers that their email maybe hacked! Go into your acct to double check or call Rogers.

heath1
I've been around

I received the same scam email, with an Excel attachment. 

These scams seem to be getting more sophisticated. Except of course when the subject line says, "You Rogers bill is now available" 

sidestreet
I've been here awhile

Possible Phishing Attack - November 2020

I have already reported to abuse@rogers.com. 

However, I would interested in feedback if anyone else received the following email. 

I was on my cell phone and couldn't really detect an issue (hovering over a link to determine it was suspicious). I let my guard down for a second. 

Basically the email was as follows: 

ROGERS LOGO tm

The Classic version of Rogers Yahoo Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 21st of November 2020. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access.

Please Log-in Restore To re-validate your mailbox.

Please Log-in Restore To re-validate your mailbox.

Note: Failure to comply within 24hrs might lead to permanent deactivation.

Rogers Yahoo Mail

I then got a screen, which I didn't pick on as follows: 

54rogeditors.weebly.com

ROGERS LOGO TM

SIGN IN TO MY ROGERS

email 

Password

Very concerned. 

What else can I do. 

Sign in. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sidestreet : It looks like your post was moved to this existing thread.  Numerous people have received similar e-mails.  Good for you for catching it as a scam.  Here's but one previous post.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/Email-Scam-Suspicious-Email-Re...

Thank you for your assistance. 

Apart from changing my password and reporting this to Rogers via the abuse@rogers.com, what else can I do? And, what should I be on the look out for, since I have been duped. 

Thanks. 

we also received same msg today; which I reported to abuse@rogers.com and blocked/deleted

Your comment on original was helpful in our action. Thank you