cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Charge activated due to Incoming Text.

ions78
I've been here awhile

Hello Rogers,

I am currently living in Thailand.  Today I needed to validate my identity on Amazon.com and they sent me a Text.  My understanding is that Incoming Texts are free yet my Roaming was activated today due to the incoming Text. 

Two weeks ago, I received a Text from Amazon, but my Roaming was not activated.  I have my cellular data always turned off so I am not certain why I was charged today for an Incoming Text?

Can you please provide an explanation.

Thank you

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Roaming Charge activated due to Incoming Text.

ions78
I've been here awhile

I called Rogers today and they confirmed I was not charged for the Incoming Text.   They said you get the Welcome Abroad text from Rogers Roaming but that doesn't mean you were charged.

Thank you

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersCorey

Hello and welcome to our Community @ions78!

My name is Corey and I believe I know what happened here.

Sent/received premium texts (alerts, messages related to content and promotions) and messages sent while roaming are not included with your package and are charged at applicable rates. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

ions78
I've been here awhile

Hi RogersCorey,

Thanks for your response.

So incoming texts sent from Amazon.com or BMO for identity validation purposes are considered premium texts and activate a roaming charge?

Only incoming texts from Family and Friends are free?

Hence, there are two classifications of incoming texts Premium and Regular?

Thank you.

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @ions78.

Incoming texts such as this I don't believe should have resulted in a charge, I would recommend reaching out to us @CommunityHelps at your convenience so we can take a closer look.

Thanks for letting us know!

@RogersAndy

ions78
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your response RogersAndy.

Is it possible that I get the Roaming Notification but the charge is actually not applied?

Next time I need to activate my Roaming to make a call in Canada I will follow up with Rogers and call them directly.

Thanks for the further clarification.

ions78
I've been here awhile

I called Rogers today and they confirmed I was not charged for the Incoming Text.   They said you get the Welcome Abroad text from Rogers Roaming but that doesn't mean you were charged.

Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ions78 : It's also easy to login to your MyRogers PAYGo account and see your transactions. This may take less time than calling and may be easier. Depends on your situation I guess.  I have always found the PAYGo people to be very helpful and rarely have to wait more than a minute or two to speak to a PAYGo CSR, but for just looking at transactions, I login to MyRogers.

I also always receive the "welcome abroad" texts when travelling outside the country.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation