cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Top Up Deduction

spark227
I've been here awhile
Hi everyone,

I topped up my pay as you go account 30$, but the payment processed was recorded as 26.55, not 30. What's going on? (And I haven't chosen a new add-on at this point; pure top up) I also haven't made any calls or texts that were charged.

Thanks 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Strange Top Up Deduction

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

$26.55 + HST = $30.  Only when you renew using your balance you pay no tax because it's already been paid.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

$26.55 + HST = $30.  Only when you renew using your balance you pay no tax because it's already been paid.

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

True  ... but wouldn't a much  more normal situation be  $30 plus HST ... 

I take it customers must be given a choice somewhere  because that just seems weird to do a top up that way. 

At least they aren't short changing @spark227  unless spark227 was counting on having $30 on  account . 

Or is that how much the monthly plans cost ? $10 minus HST or $25 minus the HST ?   Smiley Wink  

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

When you top up with exactly $30 the HST has has to come out of that.

spark227
I've been here awhile
Thanks very much!

gjfjgfj
I've been around

Recently I made a top-up to my pay-as-you-go account via online banking (My first time topping up this way since Interac was discontinued). My bank account records show I made a $100 online banking transfer to ROGERS PAY/GO. When I log into my rogers account, my transaction history shows a $86.96 Recharge E-Top up.

Now I'm wondering, where did $13.04 of my top-up go? I was expecting the full $100 I paid to be added to my rogers account balance. I've been googling and googling trying to see if there was some fee I was unaware of for making an online banking payment, but I haven't been able to find anything. (I payed from an RBC Student Chequing  account). I then tried googling to see if it was some Rogers fee that took a cut of my top-up, but again I've found nothing. Does anyone have any ideas why $13.04 of my top-up seems to have disappeared? Neither my bank account or my rogers transaction history show ANY other charges related to this.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Your $100 included HST.  $13.04 went to the government and $86.96 went to Rogers. Only if you renew using $100 from your balance do you get $100 worth because the tax has already been paid. Using e-transfer, you should have paid $113.

Hi all

My Dad was just admitted into the hospital this morning. His Pay As Go Plan only has 40 cents balance, so I helped him to top up CAD $ 10.00 plan for his Samsung cell phone today, so he communicates with me. However, my mum told me my Dad only call her 2 times today and used up all the airtime of CAD $ 9.60 already. After all these calls, so he only has CAD $ 0.40 left for this plan, so I do the following top-up actions :

(1) Top up $ CAD 10.00 and balance is $ CAD 10.40

(2) Top up $ CAD $ 10.00 and I expect the balance should be CAD $ 20.80 but don't know why the balance is CAD $ 8.40 instead, so I have no idea why CDA$ 12.00 was deducted from his account

(3) Top $ CAD 20.00 and now the balance is CAD $ 28.40

May I know why CAD $ 12.00 was deducted from his plan ven I top-up 3 times for him today ?

Please kindly advise and get back to me.

Many thanks in advance.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gomcse2002 : The only way to get help with PAYGo is to call them to discuss.  There is no one here who can help you with this.  Here is the contact procedure.  Please follow the steps carefully.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

I have always found the PAYGo people most helpful and they should be able to explain/correct.  Perhaps what happened is that the end of the month came around and the amount was deducted automatically, but I don't know what plan your dad is on.  Be aware that they usually like to talk directly to the account holder and you may need to jump through some hoops to discuss his account.  (You'll at least need the PIN).

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 in conversation