PAYGO Rate Increase

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: PAYGO Rate Increase

@maryann99 : I'm sure they're not Rogers tricks. Here are my comments.

1. Instead of purchasing $100 each year, if you have a high enough balance - say $200+, you can call Rogers PAYGo line (instructions below) and have them deduct $100 from your balance and suspend your payments for a year.   This will bring down your balance and you won't have to pay $100 for that year.

2. While you're talking to them, if the spam calls have added up to a significant sum, you can have these charges reversed. I would probably only worry about that if it were a significant sum and not just a few dollars.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

Edit - also see my post 3 of this thread. I assume you're on a grandfathered talk anytime plan and not one of the new monthly plans.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@maryann99  As @57 mentioned, you can call the PayGo number to renew and ask to deduct the $100 from your balance if it's high. I've been doing that for years whenever mine was over $100. I don't know how high your balance is, but some years ago Rogers put out this message:

Rogers service msg: Starting at the end of 2018, our prepaid services will have a maximum allowed balance of $150. Any balance above $150 will no longer be available as of end of 2018. We will be in touch with more information on how you can use your balance soon, but in the meantime you can continue to use your balance as normal.

I'm not sure if that was actually enforced, but there was some panic over it.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Maximum balance was discussed in the following thread and Rogers never followed through with the maximum balance of $150 threat.  At first there was an extension, then no follow up at all.  This was probably because most people with high balances had reduced theirs, or switched plans and no further action was required.  There are very few people on PAYGo and of those few, even fewer have the Grandfathered Anytime plan.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/New-Pay-As-You-Go-Maximum-Balance/td-p/413480/pa...

In my earlier post I stated that I used $100 of my balance to suspend payments when I have $200 in my balance.  Of course you can use that $100 with any balance over $100, but I like to have some money in my balance in case of emergencies, especially when travelling, which I should be able to do again soon.  😉

g62
I've Been Around

Something like this should be coming through very soon (see prepaid):

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/occa.htm