Can't purchase data pass

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Can't purchase data pass

Dear Moderators,

I have followed all these steps you guys have mentioned/suggested before. However you repeat the same message again and again without any new input to solve my problem!

I TURNED OFF MY WIFI COMPLETELY, TURNED ON MOBIL DATA, TYPED IN THE LINK TO rogers.mobi, BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!   Very Frustrated!!

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

@lo_joyce,

The error message you posted in message nine of this thread means your phone is still connecting to a WiFi connection.  What type of device do you have so we can ensure you are selecting the correct settings to turn off  your WiFi?

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Here Awhile

I changed to a new phone Samsung S8 plus, with a new sim card from rogers, using the same phone number. I am on the Pay-As-You-Go plan, prepaid. Everything else works fine for this phone, able to make phone call, send sms messages, use facebook, etc. but not able to connect to the site to purchase data pass.

Hope some one can help.

Hello @MT10,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =) 

Being able to purchase the Data Pass is important, I know how frustrating it must be that it's not working properly.

Do you get an error message from the website when you try to access it? Is your phone purchased from Rogers or another provider? Have you spoken to the Pay-As-You-Go team about this as of yet?

Keep us posted!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Do you get an error message from the website when you try to access it? It was trying to go to the site  rogers.mobi:8080/primary/daypass_page?atype=PRPD&brand=Rogers&dtype=SP&itype=i  , but wouldn't go any further. (I make sure the wifi was turned off.)  another site it also tried to go   http://datapass.rogers-fido.mobi/daypass/daypass_page.jsp?brand=rogers&dtype=SP&itype=i&atype=PRPD

Then a message  Please wait while we complete you request. If you are not automatically forwarded, please click on the link below   Data pass  

but still it wouldn't go further.

Is your phone purchased from Rogers or another provider? Phone was originally from Bell, got unlocked. Put a new sim card in from Rogers using my old phone number from Rogers.

Have you spoken to the Pay-As-You-Go team about this as of yet?  No, not yet.

I've Been Here Awhile

Rubbish, I have the same problem.  I travel Canada twice a year so I kept a Prepaid and store over $500,  I will give up Rogers and tell my friends not to use Rogers anymore.

I've Been Here Awhile

What can you do with 60MB a week ? and everybody in the world is talking about 1GB to 3 GB 30days pass

Hello @hkcl,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues purchasing a data pass for your Prepaid line. I understand your frustration, since 60 MB does seem very limited in terms of usage, but we would not want you to change service provider because we cannot find the data plan for you. It would be my pleasure to help you shed some light on this matter.

First, visit the Pay As You Go Add-Ons & Pay Per Use Rates page, and click on the "WIRELESS INTERNET 
ADD-ONS" tab.

If you do not want to go for a weekly pass, you can select one of your Monthly Data Add-ons:  

Monthly Fee $10 $15 $20 NEW $30 $50
Wireless Internet 100 MB data 250 MB data 500 MB data 1 GB data 2 GB data
Additional Usage $0.15 per MB $0.15 per MB $0.15 per MB $0.15 per MB $0.15 per MB

Let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi everyone,

I was a bit late in paying my 100mb/month data add on in my pay as you go plan. But I topped up (in 2 transactions because the first one I mistakenly didn't top up enough) to the required amount, but the add on has not been processed. I called the self service number and the automated message says that Rogers could not debit my account and that the data add on has thus expired. Why couldn't it debit my account when I had the correct amount of funds? Did they automatically make it expire because they happened to check at a time when there wasn't enough funds (like in between the 2 transactions)? 

Usually when I pay late it's fine - they just keep saying I don't have enough funds and process my add on once I top up to the required amount. Anyone have an idea? Thanks!

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @spark227,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums Smiley Happy.

For further assistance for this particular issue, it might be best for you to speak with one of our Pay-As-You-Go representatives.

Here are the steps to follow for you to get in touch with an agent to quickly address your concerns:

1. Dial: 1-800-575-9090.

2. Wait for language selection to finish.

3. Press option 4 for “General information”.

4. Press option 4 to “Contact Rogers”

5. Press option 1 to reach a live representative.

Their hours of operations are the following:

Monday – Friday: 8am – 12am

Saturday: 8am – 9pm

Sunday: 10am – 8pm

Cheers,

RogersCilio