New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

OLDYELLR wrote:

I have received no such message. I'm on the original prepaid plan where you can renew $20 to $95 for 30 days or $100 for 365 days. I don't even understand what that message means. Does it mean that if at renewal time you have a balance of say $200 and want to use $100 of it to renew for another year, they will only honour $100 of it and leave you with a balance of $50?

I am also on the "original" Pay As You Go plan which is that I'm charged for everything (calls, incoming/outgoing texts, etc.) and where the top up is $100/year. I'm not sure why you didn't receive it. Maybe it is because my balance is significantly over $150 or some other reason. This plan used to come with free incoming SMS (not that I used it but it helped with the spam messages that I often get) and Rogers prepaid to Rogers prepaid calls use to be free for the receiver. Both are no longer part of the plan.

I Plan to Stick Around

robindp wrote:

Hello @lmcjipo,

I agree - this is unfair.  Have you tried speaking / engaging with Rogers via:

- Private Message on this forum (send PM to @CommunityHelps),

- 1-888-ROGERS-1,

- Twitter (send Direct Message to @RogersHelps),

- Facebook.

Thanks for your suggestions...

1) I've just sent a PM to CommunityHelps.

2) The 1-888-ROGERS-1 number won't help with Pay As You Go issues/accounts

3) I don't have a Twitter account

4) I've just sent a message on Facebook but generally the people who monitor the Facebook accounts won't touch or help with Pay As You Go issues either.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

While I understand  it comes as a bit of a shock  to have Rogers  say you may loose part of your balance ....  just what were you figuring on doing  with it  if they hadn't brought this up . 

We have had one of the cheapest plans  going  at  $8.30 a month(and that would be assuming you rolled no balance over)  and actually down close to $6 a month for  those that have been rolling a portion of their balance back in as payment .  Where could you go to find it cheaper ?  That wouldn't even cover the system access fee  on the post paid plans . 

I'll be happy if they just let me keep the plan  we have and they can have any of my balance  over $150 after renewal . Smiley Wink 

I Plan to Stick Around

lmcjipo wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions...

1) I've just sent a PM to CommunityHelps.

2) The 1-888-ROGERS-1 number won't help with Pay As You Go issues/accounts

3) I don't have a Twitter account

4) I've just sent a message on Facebook but generally the people who monitor the Facebook accounts won't touch or help with Pay As You Go issues either.

Result of #1 was that they couldn't help as they don't have access to Pay As You Go customer accounts/information.

I'll see what happens with #4 but in my previous correspondence with Rogers via Facebook chat, I received the exact same information that they don't have access to Pay As You Go customer accounts/information.

I Plan to Stick Around

barndoor wrote:

Where could you go to find it cheaper ?

Almost all Canadian providers have the $100 renewal for 1 year expiration at the time that Rogers had it.  Rogers has been making this plan less and less generous from when I originally decided to go with Rogers Prepaid over the other carriers' offerings.  Originally the plan had incoming calls free from other Rogers Prepaid customers and free incoming SMS. Also, the per minute rate was lower than the current $0.50/minute rate.

Looks like Rogers should have charged  more sooner  so people weren't able to build up these  large  balances that have become a liability for them .   Smiley Happy

I haven't seen where you have mentioned  whether you have paid for a year($100)  using your balance.   If Rogers has failed with regard to this situation  I think it was in not informing you years ago that that was an option  so you did not build up this large account balance.  I know I learned about it  from another customer  not Rogers. I remember telling him he was nuts,  why would  Rogers ever do that ...it was like letting the customer double dip . He was right and they do  though  so hopefully you can work out something with them to at least  use up a good chunk of your balance to your favour .  

I'd call the pay go number and  ask  them ....I wouldn't expect any other Rogers staff to give me an answer I would consider credible ... nobody knows paygo like the paygo people it seems .  

edited to add : not sure why you would be paying $.50  a minute if its an old plan  ...ours still says $.25  ... but then we only make one call a year .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

barndoor wrote:

...not sure why you would be paying $.50  a minute if its an old plan  ...ours still says $.25  ... but then we only make one call a year .

Just as an FYI, I've also been on the same $10/mo plan for 8 years and pay $0.50/minute now.  In 2009 it was $0.40/minute and I believe it became $0.50 around 2015. Perhaps you're on a different plan if you're only paying $0.25.

No  @57  ... I just made a blunder and can't  read the my rogers page properly ...  I have no idea now  what it is per minute    and we never use that phone for calls anyway so I can't check that way . Sorry to  misinform .   Smiley Embarassed

@57  ... a thought stemming from your  post .... if  Rogers  considers it reasonable to change the rates in a plan ... how long will they  allow it to be grandfathered ? 

I have to wonder if this is the beginning of the end for these old plans and the best we can hope for  is for Rogers to  honour  them for another couple years. 

I had a really inexpensive postpaid emergency plan  and this  seems deja vu of how it came to  dissappear .

I'm a Senior Advisor

57 wrote:

barndoor wrote:

...not sure why you would be paying $.50  a minute if its an old plan  ...ours still says $.25  ... but then we only make one call a year .

Just as an FYI, I've also been on the same $10/mo plan for 8 years and pay $0.50/minute now.  In 2009 it was $0.40/minute and I believe it became $0.50 around 2015. Perhaps you're on a different plan if you're only paying $0.25.

Just checking my Bill Summary and I see SMS at $0.30 and calls at multiples of $0.35. I do remember when the rate was bumped up to $0.50/minute, but once when I was renewing on the phone, the agent dropped it down to $0.35. I didn't question her, but for the number of calls I make and receive, it doesn't make a lot of difference. When I started I believe the rate was $0.25/minute.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats