cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Rogers Discontinue the $100 Pay As You Top-Up voucher?

Danno
I plan to stick around

I went to buy a top up card at the usual places. First the pharmacy. The clerk scanned the Rogers card thing and then I paid the $100 plus tax ($113) with my credit card. Then the clerk told me he had to refund me because it did not activate at Rogers end. So he tried again and again no luck so he had to refund me again. Then I tried at Roblaws and the same thing happened. A guy at a Rogers outlet told me the company discontinued the $100 voucher a few weeks ago but I never heard anything about this and it looks like most of the usual places still have it for sale. Anyone know what (if anything) is going on?

***Added Labels***

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Did Rogers Discontinue the $100 Pay As You Top-Up voucher?

RogersMaude

Good day @Danno,

Thank you for posting your question to the community!

In our ongoing efforts to streamline our services, we’ve decided to stop selling Rogers $100 prepaid vouchers starting May 15 and $50 vouchers on June 8. All other Prepaid vouchers will remain available, at this time. 

What does this change mean?  If you're activating the $100 Annual Prepaid plan, you must now purchase $40+$40+$20 to obtain a $100 value.

We recommend completing your plan top up as close to your anniversary date as possible. Note that prepaid vouchers will expire after 30 days. 

You can find more information at www.rogers.com/prepaid.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

Does Rogers not notify users beforehand of changes to plans??

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the plan did not change, just the voucher was discontinued.  just buy a different denomination

Lionkitty
I've been here awhile

Hello,

$40/$30/$20/$10/$5 voucher only provides network access for 30 days.  How can I ensure when I activate these vouchers ($40+$40+$20) one by one, my sim card validity will be renewed for 365 days?  In addition to the *114* code, does it have extra code to inform the system that I am topping-up for $100 through multiple value vouchers?  Is the pattern must be $40+$40+$20, it cannot be in other combination such as $40+$20+$20+$10+$10 ?  It will be nice if someone can tell me the procedure to top up $100 for 365 days using mutiple vouchers.

Thank you.

Hello @Lionkitty ,

These are all great questions! I would assume that by adding the various top-ups at the same time (and close to your renewal date as mentioned by RogersMaude) that it should automatically renew the $100 Annual Prepaid plan. However, to be on the safe side, I would strongly recommend chatting with one of our Prepaid Customer Care reps to validate that. You may reach them by phone during their regular hours of operation as follows:

1-Dial: 1-800-575-9090  
2-Wait for language selection to finish
3-Press option 4 for “General information”
4-Press option 4 to “Contact Rogers”
5-Press option 1 to reach a live representative quickly

You may also visit a Rogers branded location for assistance as well. 

I'll also tag in some of our community members who may know the answers to your questions: @57  @OLDYELLR 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

otter97
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I've run into the same scenario and try to contact Prepaid Customer Care reps to validate the procedure for topping up $100 for 365 days. But the customer care seems to be closed 24/7. No matter when I call in, it is closed. And I have gone to numerous Rogers store to ask for information, but it seems no one knows about anything. Has anyone be able to add funds for another 365 days lately. Thank you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@otter97 : Did you use the instructions in the post above yours.  I'll provide another similar link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Prepaid-account/m-p/521259/highlight/true#M3827

No one else will deal with Pre-paid (Pay-as-you-go) accounts.  I talked to them a couple of weeks ago, although getting through to them wasn't quite as fast as it once was, but that may have been because of a holiday weekend just before I called.  I usually find the Pre-paid people helpful and the wait times pretty short.  In my link you'll see their hours. 

Again, there is no one else who will help with Pre-paid, only this specific number and you need to follow the instructions very carefully to speak to someone.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you tried this:

1-Dial: 1-800-575-9090  
2-WAIT for language selection to finish
3-Press option 4 for "General information"
4-Press option 4 to "Contact Rogers"
5-Press option 1 to reach a live representative quickly

otter97
I've been here awhile

I've finally been able to get in touch with one of the Prepaid Rep. Their hours are Mon-Fri 10am-8pm EST. Sat and Sun are closed. Thank you for all the help!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@otter97 did you use a credit card, or vouchers, or something else?  Please advise the process so others can learn from your experience.

Thank you for the new hours.  Not many people are on pre-paid any more, so it's understandable that they are "cutting back". I believe the numbers are now below 10% pre-paid.

otter97
I've been here awhile

I've bought $40/$40/$20 voucher from Shoppers Drug Mart and called the Prepaid Rep to add the voucher manually in order to renew for another year. You can also use credit card, but you'll need to register your credit card in the system first in order to add $100 in the account.

My parents are both still on prepaid as they need the phone just for emergency. I'm glad at least they still have customer service available. The 1-800 automated service doesn't really help at all.

Lionkitty
I've been here awhile

Hello @otter97 thanks for your update, it is really helpful.  However, what do you mean by the 1-800 automated service doesn't really help?  Isn't it you call the 1-800-575-9090 and choose option 4 to contact Rogers representative to top up manually?

otter97
I've been here awhile

I meant the 1800 number is supposed to be a self-serve system. I wish they can just have a $100 voucher so we can top up by ourselves on the phone (just like before). I weren't able to contact the Prepaid Rep without know their new office hours, it just keep saying our office closed all the time. I was frustrated before as it is getting close to the expiry date. Thanks for the information I found on this forum.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree, the 1-800 service should serve the customers better.  I recently had to change my credit card number and since we can no longer do that online, I tried changing it on the 1-800 service.  I keyed in all my information as requested, however, it did not "take" and had to talk to a person... 

I mentioned this to the CSR and they apologized, and confirmed that it can't be done without contacting them.  Interestingly, you still need to key in the information while talking to the CSR since the CSR cannot access it...

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 8 in conversation