cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Bands supported

ericahalfbee
I've been here awhile

Aside from where 5G in general is indicated on the network coverage map, of the 5G bands, sub-six, mid-range, and millimetre-wave, which are Rogers supporting and where?

***Added Labels***

25 REPLIES 25

Re: 5G Bands supported

I am surprised that the last responder said his phone is detecting 5G NR N78, since Rogers only activated band N78 (3500mhz) a week ago.  In any event my recently acquired Samsung s22 is supposed to have the hardware to use the 3500 mhz band N78 network, but Rogers website says that the band N78 on the phone requires a software update to work on the band n78 (3500 mhz) network.  My phone recently received a software update but its version date is June 3 2022, well before Rogers updated its network in a few locations (parts of Vancouver, BC interior, Windsor, Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa, Montreal, etc.).  Does anybody know if a software update to the Samsung s22 is required to receive band N78 (3500 mhz) and how does one get it?  Is there a software version that we should be looking for in order for the s22 to work on the N78 network?

Hello, @Jim77.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I appreciate your interest in accessing the 5G 3500 MHz spectrum; are you in Nanaimo, BC?

I understand you are seeing the software update date as June 3rd, but can you check the Security patch level at the bottom? If the patch level shows June, then your phone can access the n78 band.

If the patch level is at May, then please wait for the June Security Update for your phone to support the n78 band. You can keep an eye on the OS Upgrade Schedule.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

vince810
I've been here awhile

@RogersMoinDo any of the Galaxy S21 or S21 FE support the n78 band?

Hello, @vince810.

I appreciate you joining this thread, and welcome to our Community! 

I can confirm both the Galaxy S21 and S21 FE support the n78 band. We continue to deploy the 5G 3500 MHz spectrum. However, at the moment, it's available in select areas of select cities. You can check the Network Coverage Map.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

vince810
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the follow up @RogersMoin 

Topic Stats