cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to See Data Usage on MyRogers App on iPhone

shelleylov
I'm here a lot

rogers.jpg

It randomly stopped working about 2 months ago.  I can't figure it out....because i litterally have tried everything.  Spent hours on the internet searching for answers, tried each and every suggestion (you name it....i probably tried it).  Only thing I haven't tried is 1. seeing if maybe resetting myrogers profile would maybe help or 2. buying a new phone.

Yes I can log into my rogers account on my computer and everything is displayed as it should.  I have made no changes to my account.

***Edited Labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Unable to See Data Usage on MyRogers App on iPhone

RogersMoin

Hello, @shelleylov.

Welcome to our Community, and thank you for your post!

I understand how inconvenient it can be when real-time data usage is not available on your device. We can rule out your MyRogers profile issue as the data usage is being displayed on the web portal. And buying a new phone may not be helpful either.

It seems some app component is getting blocked on your phone. Do you have Norton Mobile Security on your device? Do you run any VPN apps?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Hi there, I do not have norton security and don't believe I run any VPN apps.  

Definitely seems like some component is being block.  I did delete the app (again) and did a factory reset on my phone (again) and re downloaded the app and still not working.  

The weird thing is that it always used to work.....and I didn't do anything to my account or my phone that would change that.  

Thanks

Good morning @shelleylov!

Could you also confirm for us the model iPhone you're using and the version of iOS that you're running? Since it works on Rogers.com, I suspect this is an issue localized to your phone. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hi again,

I have an iPhone XS and just updated it this am to the most recent iOS update which is i believe 15.6.1.  Still doesn't work. 

I realized today I do have Duo authenticator which I believe is a VPN app?  Funny thing is, I've had this on my phone and using it for almost a year, so it is not like i just newly installed this and my rogers app suddenly stopped working.  

I was thinking it was localized to my phone but I also realized that when I try and log into the rogers app on my husbands phone (same account as I am the primary line) it doesnt work on his either.  He has a Samsung A11 purchased through Rogers.

The mystery deepens.........

Greetings @shelleylov!

Thanks for sharing the above information with us! We can take a closer look and try to fix the account from our end. Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
RogersRahul

randomrgersusr
I've been around

Hi I recently had the same issue. I called rogers support before and he told me to check data usage on my computer and then check my phone and magically i can tempororily see data usage on my phone app, but then after a few days the problem gone back again.

a few information:

1. this is not a recent issue, i've been suffering from this for at least a month

2. im using iPhone13 promax(IOS 15)

3. no Norton security && no VPN

Thanks

shelleylov
I'm here a lot

This has been going on for months now.....and i am quite frustrated and fed up that even behind the scenes rogers was not able to fix it.  

Did you ever get your app fixed.  Mine has been out since end of August.  I have made changes to my account here and there....but the next billing cycle.....i still can't see data usage.  Replace hubbys phone at xmas....still doesn't work on his.  Got my sone an iphone 13 for xmas....doesn't work on his either.  leads me to believe it is someone with my account maybe being linked at Rogers end incorrectly.  It is definitely not our phones or something on our end.

EdTirck
I've been here awhile

I'm a new subscriber; migrated from Shaw to Rogers recently, with two phones on a single plan (with different phone numbers). My Android MyRogers phone displays the data usage, but my iPhone MyRogers app does not. It would be REALLY helpful to get this fixed, as the iPhone seems to be using a lot more data than it should, and I need to be able to track it daily (and not wait until 75% or 90% of the monthly data is used up).

Greetings @EdTirck,

A very warm welcome to both Rogers and to our community forums! We hope you like it here. 🙂

Typically, if you activate new wireless services or change your plan in the middle of your billing period, your data usage details won't be available until your new bill period kicks in. I'm surprised you are able to view your data usage for one device, but not the other.

For now, I'd recommend checking the data management/usage feature in your iPhone settings which should give you an idea of how much data you've consumed. I believe you can also update the usage period to mirror your Rogers billing period, too.

Once your new bill period kicks in, you should have access to all of your data usage details for all lines sharing the same plan.

I hope this helps! 🙂

RogersYasmine

EdTirck
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your reply. I'll check when the new billing cycle begins and will post whether or not the issue is fixed on the iPhone.

Jamir
I've been around
Hi Im using iphone 14pro and i cant see the internet usage as well in my rogers app.

I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jamir This thread is regarding data. You mentioned Internet, so I'm providing the following recent link on that topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/MyRogers-website-showing-0-GB-monthly-and...

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 in conversation