cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarthome app not working

albert5
I'm here a lot

Hi, I can't use smarthome app via phone each time I enter credentials at sign in page it reverts back to same page after hit sign in.  I uninstalled/installed app no resolution.  The app was working past months but since last week it stopped working as per usual.   I can't remotely control alarm system arm/disarm, view cameras, etc.  What's going on? 

***Added Labels***

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Smarthome app not working

RogersMaude

Hi @albert5

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. Having access to the Smart Home Monitoring app is essential to make sure you home is safe and secured. We certainly want to help you resolve the issue preventing you from accessing it.

Firstly, we need to confirm whether you are able to log into MyRogers online profile without any issues. Could you start by accessing rogers.com and sign in using your credentials, so we can rule out an issue with your username and password?

Second, could you let us know what phone you are currently using and what OS it is on?

Clearing the application cache in the settings of your phone can help too. Is the app updated to the most recent version? 

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Hello, I can log into myrogers online profile using current credentials and after some time the system logs me out and asked to log in again but I'm not able to pass this screen it keeps asking to log in?

My current phone is Samsung S10+ Android latest updated versions both myrogers and smarthome apps don't work but all my other apps are working as per usual.

Crisharper79
I've been here awhile

Smart Home App - constantly requesting password

Hi - I had to reinstall the app yesterday as it was hanging and wouldn't allow me to enter my password to log in.

Now the app is asking me for my password every single time I want to check in on my shart home security app.  How can I fix this so that once I am logged in it stays logged in for a longer period of time please?

C

@albert5, have you had a chance to uninstall and reinstall the app? Please keep us posted!

@Crisharper79, Hello and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've completed to resolve the issue. App updates may change the duration you remain logged in for security purposes. Is this happening on any other Rogers App as well? 

RogersZia

Hi, finally I'm able to log in smarthome app via my phone today but now it keeps asking to sign in credentials each time I open app.  In past I would open app and it would sign in automatically, what's going on with Rogers apps not working properly?  

Crisharper79
I've been here awhile

Hi Zia,

This hasn't changed the access for any other application from Rogers, just the smart home app.  

Can you please advise how I stay logged in?  I"ve checked settings and checked the "remember me" box but I still have to log in every single time and as I come and go 10-15 times a day I am having to leave the alarm off as I don't have time to wait to log in.

Cris

Hello @albert5 and @Crisharper79,

Thanks for the clarification! It sounds like you are having a similar issue with the "remember me" functionality.

If possible, can you please try logging into the app, go to your application settings menu (tap More > Application), and toggle the "keep me signed in" option ON? Once done, please try exiting out of the app and then open it back up to see if it saves your credentials and logs you back in automatically.

Please let us know how it goes! 🙂

Thank you,

RogersLaura

Hi - i have tried this now twice and it doesn't seem to have helped at all it's still asking me for the log in details every time I open the app.

Cris

Christosl
I've been around
After taking in the latest update for MyRogers app I can’t seem to be able to login. I enter my credentials and then when I try to click the sign in button it just doesn’t respond. I use an IPhone. There seems to be a problem with the updates app.

Hey @Christosl,

That same thing actually happened to me earlier when I was testing it out for you. I just had to reboot my device and log in (selecting "remember me" again) and I was back in. Can you please give that a try and then if you are able to log back in, please try following my previous steps once more? This seemed to have worked well for me. 😊

Thanks, and please let us know the outcome!

RogersLaura

Hi I still need to enter my credentials each time at sign in screen

I think we may need to start escalating tickets here if none of these steps are working. Please PM us @CommunityHelps for further support.

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I am also having issues logging into the app, as well as my girlfriend. It says there is an issue with the acct and to please sign in again but continues to say that each time. We were able to log in yesterday. I have Uninstalled and reinstalled as well as cleared my cache and restarted my device. I am running the latest updated version as well im using a Samsung S 10 if that helps

albert5
I'm here a lot
Same issues again cant sign in app

CanadianQT
I've been here awhile
I have been having this same issue since last night. I am able to log on to My Rogers, just not the app. I have tried on 3 different devices! Very frustrating that I cannot check my camera, and am unable to change it to "Home" so that I'm not getting unnecessary notifications.

CanadianQT
I've been here awhile
Now the log-in screen isn't even coming up. When I click on the blue "Sign In" button, nothing happens, it just stays on the same screen!

Good day, Community!

Thank you all for reporting the log in issue and for your patience. We received good news about the resolution, can you all please confirm the login to the app?

Cheers,
RogersMoin

CanadianQT
I've been here awhile

I am able to log in again! 👍🏻

Simjohn58
I've been here awhile
I have had the exact same issue for weeks unresolved, yet someone at Rogers seems to think it has been. Now I signed up for Ignite and have the exact same issue. Paying for services I cannot use. I ha e an IPhone 11. How do I clear cache and how do I update?

Greetings @Simjohn58!

Have you attempted yet to uninstall and reinstall the app? 

For instructions on updating your iPhone, please follow this link: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (CA)

For instructions on how to manual update an app, please follow this link: How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support (CA)

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 in conversation