cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRogers App on Android

Kougra
I've been here awhile

Am not able to sign into the Roger's App at this has been going on for about a week. Any reason why it isn't working

***Edited Labels***

16 REPLIES 16

Re: MyRogers App on Android

RogersZia

Hello @Kougra,

Welcome to the Community!

May I know what device are you currently using? What happens when you try and sign in? Does the app crash or you get an error? Are you able to log into MyRogers via the browser? Have you tried to access the app from any other mobile device?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Kougra
I've been here awhile

We are working to fix this as soon as possible. Please check back later
This is the message I keep getting

Hello, @Kougra.

Thank you for posting the error message; it indicates a potential problem with the MyRogers profile. We need a few more details to diagnose the issue; please answer the following:

• When was the last time the app worked on your phone?
  • What's the make, model, OS version of your phone?
  • What's the MyRogers app version?
  • Have you made any changes to your account like changing the plan or hardware upgrade?
  • Are you able to login to MyRogers on the web at rogers.com/myrogers?

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

culotta99
I've been here awhile

I get same message. Roger's could not help after an hour on phone.

I have the same issue, been little over a week. Cant sign in to app.

Did you try to log in via the browser to see if you're able to view the bill or the invoice? Just want to ensure the issue is specific to the app and not your profile. What device are you using? Additionally I would recommend you test out the app on any other mobile device you may have access to. (link removed for security reasons)

Wilsonator
I've been here awhile
I have been getting this message for about a week now. I can log in on the browser just not the app. I uninstalled to factory version on my Galaxy S7 and reupdated. Did not help. Very frustrating

Hello @Wilsonator,

Welcome to the Community!

I realize it's inconvenient to have the app stop working. Have you made any service changes to your account in the past week or so? Are you on the most updated version of the app? Would you able to test out the app on another mobile device?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

Wilsonator
I've been here awhile
As I said I reset the app to factory default and updated it again. I have done this twice now. Does not help. I have a samsung tablet but it seems it is too old as the My Rogers app is not compatible. I am not aware if making any changes to my phone

Hello @Wilsonator,

Thank you for the information. Have you tried accessing the app over WiFi and cellular network both? May I know what error message do you see when you try to log into the app? 

We may need to take a look at your MyRogers profile on our end to identify what may be causing this issue. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps  and we'll be happy to assist you. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersZia

Wilsonator
I've been here awhile

I do not understand why there is no known solution to this. I am experiencing the same isue as all the others who have been posting on this question and get the same error message. There should not have to be a new investigation every time it happens to someone new.
It had not occurred to me to test it with wireless turned off. But in fact I have now been able to logon on the cellular network. However, I am seldom not on wireless and this is an issue that has arisen only recently. All the others who have reported the issue say the same, the app just suddenly stops working, but logging in on the web, with the same profile, is not a problem.

And the message as reported by another user is "Something went wrong
We are working to fix this as soon as possible. Please check back later"

I recently made a comment about this app on Google Play stating that the latest update always removes the username and password in the app every time it is launched. I posted this on Google Play comment and the Developer suggested that I uninstall and reinstall the app.
What he/she fails to remember is if your phone is purchased through Rogers you cannot uninstall the app.
The tech that I finally spoke with stated that the forgetting username and password is a known issue with the app on Android and should be fixed in the next update.

I personally believe that whether or not I purchase the phone from any provider that I should be able to uninstall any app that they preinstalled for our "convenience" ... come on Rogers, stop crippling you customers.

snocow
I plan to stick around

Same issue here with last update about a week ago.

Looks like this has been going on for a long time and Rogers incapable of fixing it!!!

I am able to log on into MyRogers via desktop.

I am using a Samsung S8 and the app was working fine until last App update about a week or so ago

Now the "Remember me" functionality is no longer working and I have to log in each time...after log-in the app works fine. App version is 5.13.4.4

Posted on Google Play also and Dev suggested uninstalling app - Rogers phone and not possible 😞

How about you give me a credit of $20 per month until you fix it - how is that for incentive

Hello, @beushtial & @snocow

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on the MyRogers App via the Google Play Store. I rely heavily on the remember me feature so I can understand your frustration with it no longer working after the recent update. 😞

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app is one of the troubleshooting steps recommended to ensure that your app is up to date and that the app cache data has been cleared. Usually, it is a helpful step but in this case, there is an issue with the update that has caused this feature to stop working. It should be fixed in the next update as reported by technical support.

Thanks so much for your post in the Community and thank you for your patience while we resolve this matter.

RogersTony

snocow
I plan to stick around

Hi RogersTony;

I would love to try uninstalling and re-installing the app.....I have a Samsung S8 phone supplied by Rogers.

When I go to Apps and select MyRoger I have Disable or Force Stop options...no uninstall like other apps.

Please provide uninstall instructions.

Thanks

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
if its pre-installed on your phone you should go into the settings and clear all the data related to the app, then disable it, when you re-enable it, it puts the old version which was included with your phones firmware branding, then you can upgrade to the new one thru the google play app store. try this and let us know

snocow
I plan to stick around

Thanks Pauly;

Tried that and did not work.....after disabling and re-enabling was not able to log in on phone - kept giving me an incorrect username or password - same behavior since update when you uninstall the update to go back to prior version. Yet in all case can still log into desktop version

I applied the updater via google Play store and was able to log in via phone but system still does not "Remember me"

On latest app version I note a Lock Icon on top left of screen with words Secured Form next to it

On lower right - Protected by reCAPTCHA

Not sure if either of these were there pre March 5th? update

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 in conversation