cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance on MyRogers App

StacyLeChamb
I've been here awhile

I keep getting a error when trying to use the Rogers my account Application for a few months now . The error states that the application is going through maintenance and to check back

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times

I can use My Rogers on Rogers.com with no issues

Currently I am using the IPhone 7 - all updates have been completed

Any suggestions?

*** Edited Labels and Title ***

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Maintenance on MyRogers App

RogersYasmine

Greetings @StacyLeChamb,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your very first post! 👍

This is definitely concerning! It's odd that you would be able to gain access to your online profile via the website, but not through the app! It does sound like you've taken all of the right measures to ensure success. 

If possible, we would love to have a closer look into this at our end. Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Kind regards!

RogersLaura

I have been having issues for over 6-8 months with my Rogers App .. the error I am getting is that the app is under maintenance and to try again later .. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my iPhone 7 .. I can access the app on my iPad but don’t understand why I can’t get it on my phone. Last help I got my username was changed to my email and my password was changed but that didn’t resolve any issues.

Hello, @StacyLeChamb.

Thank you for your continued patience; getting the maintenance error can be quite inconvenient. The maintenance error usually means the app is running in the background for an extended period and unable to establish a fresh session with the server. 

Are you running the current app version, 5.13? Can you please try closing the app from the background before launching it. This action should help the app to establish a fresh session.

Please keep us posted!

Cheers,
RogersMoin 

StacyLeChamb
I've been here awhile
I don’t have the application running in the background ... I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application as I said multiple times so it’s the most up to date version .. but for fun I tried again today it is saying version 5.13 .. maintenance error is still there

Hello, @StacyLeChamb.

Thank you for confirming that the app is not running in the background. The app works for you on the iPad, and the web portal works as well, indicating the app is getting blocked on your iPhone.

At what stage do you get the maintenance error? After signing in to the app or before signing in? 

I look forward to your response. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @mywegmansconnect

Thank you for confirming that the app is not running in the background. The app works for you on the iPad, and the web portal works as well, indicating the app is getting blocked on your iPhone.

At what stage do you get the maintenance error? After signing in to the app or before signing in? 

I look forward to your response. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

I can access the app on my iPad but don’t understand why I can’t get it on my phone. Last help I got my username was changed to my email and my password was changed but that didn’t resolve any issues.

Hello @ShyCoyote,

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Thank you for your first post! 👍

If you are able to log in okay on your iPad then you should be able to use the very same credentials to log in to your phone as well. A few questions for you:

- What type of phone do you have?

- When you pull up the MyRogers app, are you able to enter your username and password and get past the sign-in page?

- What specific error message do you receive? (if any)

If possible, we'd also like to have a closer look into this for you to see if we can help. Please have a look at my message above to learn how to connect with us privately. 

Thank you!

RogersLaura

Vat
I've been here awhile
I have the iPhone 11 Pro. I get “Were doing some maintenance to get things running smoothly. Please check back later.” I have app version 5.13.1. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have also made sure it wasn’t running in the background. This problem has been going on for months now.

Hello, @Vat.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for joining this discussion; not able to access the app for so long can be quite inconvenient. 

We'd love to get to the bottom of this; please answer the following: 

• Are you able to access MyRogers on the web at rogers.com/myrogers?
  • At what point do you get the maintenance error? Like after signing in?
  • Have you tried turning off the WiFi and accessing the app on the data connection?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Vat
I've been here awhile
Yes, I can access Rogers through a web browser.

I get the maintenance message immediately when I open the app.

I have tried using the app both on data and on wifi.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I got the "Maintenance" message on my browser yesterday. However, this morning it seems to be working OK for me.

Although “My Rogers mobile app” is a user friendly platform, however, it constantly shows the message “we are doing some maintenance to keep things running smoothly”. I downloaded the latest version of the app & it constantly shows this error message. The main reason why I assess to this app is to find out my real time mobile data usage & avoid the overage fees. Can someone from Rogers try to improve the mobile app?

Vat
I've been here awhile
I told them about the same problem. They (Rogers) have been walking me around, telling me to shut off my phone, shut the app off, restart my phone, re-download you name it. They’ve also told me to check my wifi and data connection and everything under the sky. Then they just stopped responding after saying “ok we’ll look into this” months ago. Im really tired of their terrible service. Just wanted you to know what I went through already.

-VAT

Hello and welcome to our Community @Juno1!

If you're always encountering this error and you're unable to use the app at all, you've come to the right place.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps for further assistance. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

The last few days I was trying to go on the MyRogers app but I kept getting the "maintenance" message. I can log in now but I don't know what you guys did on the app or what the issue was 😕 Does anyone know what Rogers did to the app during this "maintenance" time? It's a little concerning that the app was down for a really long time. Thank you!

Good afternoon @saramariadejesu,

Welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for positing your inquiry. Did you notice if you saw the maintenance messages at specific times? Is your app on the most updated version?

The maintenance error can indicate the app is running in the background for an extended period of time and is unable to establish a fresh session with the server. Can you please force close the app and relaunch it?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

I am unable to get into the MyRogers app. The past 3 days now it's been "under maintenance" for me. I've re-installed the app, tried on data, tried on wifi, restarted my phone. Nothing works.

Hello, @mphcanada

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to have consistent access to the MyRogers app to manage your services. We appreciate you providing us with the troubleshooting steps you've taken thus far. 

We may need to escalate a ticket to investigate this for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

I’ve been having the exact same problems for weeks now too. It’s very frustrating

Hello @sdmay55,

We appreciate your post!

So sorry to hear that you've also been experiencing troubles when using the MyRogers app, that's no good. 😞

Can you kindly share what troubleshooting steps you have already tried? When is the last time that the app worked successfully for you? Is the same issue happening on other devices as well? If possible, you can start with clearing your device cache and rebooting your device to see if this helps. If that doesn't work, please try reinstalling the app. 

Please keep us in the loop!

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 in conversation