cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Info on Ignite Wifi Hub App

me213
I've been here awhile

I recently downloaded the Ignite wifi app and added 2 wifi nodes to my network. The app is now telling me that several devices that are connected to my network through wifi are connected with an Ethernet cable. There are absolutely no network cables going to these devices (e.g., nest thermostat, Sonos speaker, garage door opener/camera).

**Labels Added**

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Inaccurate Info on Ignite Wifi Hub App

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are these the rogers wifi pods? or a different ones you have?

If the rogers, are the the Eero? or the other pods?
If you are using the Eero pods, i know mine show up the same way.  The MAIN eero pod, connect wifi, then the pods all talk to each other.
So all devices, show as ethernet connected, as they are entering the network through the one connection.

I am not 100% positive how the other pods display.

If your using a 3rd party, in which one of them connect wired, could be the same as the Eero.

In the end, should not effect functionality though.

me213
I've been here awhile
Not sure what type of pods they are. They’re the ones Rogers sent me. I agree. Functioning is not an issue. Accuracy of information is. Other wireless devices are shown to be connected wirelessly (i.e. proper information displayed). Seems to be no rhyme or reason why other devices that are wireless are being displayed as connected by Ethernet

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well big question then is, is one of the pods, connected wired to the modem?  Or are all of them wireless?
If so, i wonder if all the devices which are showing wired, are connected to that device (connecting to that specific pod)?

me213
I've been here awhile
They’re both connected wirelessly

@TellDunkin wrote:

Well big question then is, is one of the pods, connected wired to the modem?  Or are all of them wireless?
If so, i wonder if all the devices which are showing wired, are connected to that device (connecting to that specific pod)?

Functioning is not an issue. Accuracy of information is. Other wireless devices are shown to be connected wirelessly (i.e. proper information displayed). Seems to be no rhyme or reason why other devices that are wireless are being displayed as connected by Ethernet

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I just checked, my Pods when I go into details, show connect via WIFI

Hello @pensterhw

Thanks for your first post!

Ahh, that's strange. Do you know if at any point if one of the pods were connected directly with Ethernet in the past? If they are pods, have you tried to power cycle them to see if the information changes?

Cheers
RogersHarry

@RogersHarry wrote:

Hello @UPSers

Thanks for your first post! 

Ahh, that's strange. Do you know if at any point if one of the pods were connected directly with Ethernet in the past? If they are pods, have you tried to power cycle them to see if the information changes?

Cheers
RogersHarry

Other wireless devices are shown to be connected wirelessly (i.e. proper information displayed). Seems to be no rhyme or reason why other devices that are wireless are being displayed as connected by Ethernet

Good evening and welcome to the Community @rattentodcm,

Do you have the Ignite Wi-Fi Pods installed in your home? If yes, have you had a chance to review Gdkitty's post here

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation