cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Wifi Hub Device Not Listed Although Connected

ricky123
I've been here awhile

Does anybody know why a device that is connected to your network would not show up on the list of connected devices? On the wifi hub app I've checked under "Connected Device" as well as "Not Connected Device" list and the device in question does not show up. I also checked the "Network Device List" Gateway, + Pods and it's not listed under those either.. Strange!  I also tried restarting the device as well as disconnecting and reconnecting on the network..

is there a hidden list that I can check?

*** Edited Labels ***

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Ignite Wifi Hub Device Not Listed Although Connected

I just got two new PCs in my house, running Windows 10. While they are connected to my wifi, they do not show up in my Ignite wifi, either in the app or on the website. When I log in to my modem, an Ignite WiFi Gateway  (CGM4140COM) they show up there but not in the app.

My concern is that right now both are getting weak wifi, and it drops on occasion. I would like to be able to check if they are connected to the modem or one of my two wifi pods. I've never encountered this before, as any smartphone tablet or laptop that comes into my home shows on my ignite wifi.

I spoke to technical support for an hour last night but they were unable to help.

Any suggestions?

Good day @stevebirnie!

We appreciate you posting your issue here in community! Hopefully, your weekend is off to a great start! 🙂

By any chance, have you had an opportunity to sift through this thread for any helpful tips? It is odd that you can see the devices connected when you login to the modem, but not via the Ignite WiFi Hub app. Can you please give the following items a try?

- Double check your list of connected devices to see if perhaps the devices are listed under a different name than expected (this can happen sometimes).

- Try disconnecting and reconnecting the devices to the Rogers WiFi network and check the connected devices list again.

- Reboot your modem.

If possible, can you also have a look at this post and share more details about your current internet set-up? 

We look forward to your response! 

RogersLaura

I upgraded to Ignite a few days ago, and am having problems with my devices, being listed of the Ignite wifii app.

The devices seem to all be connected, just not listed.

I tried re starting the modem, moving it, everything.

When I first set it up, it did show the devices, and when I went to assign the devices, they seemed to not be listed anymore.

I tried un assigning the devices, and they all showed back up again. as soon as I re assigned them, they wouldnt show connected anymore.

Please Help.

Thanks

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

You should see "View Network Details" near the top from the 1st screen. Select that and all the connected devices should be listed. Scroll to the bottom and there should be an entry for Devices Not Connected.

You can also select Network and that should show the Gateway and any Pods, and selection of these will show which devices are connected to them.

If you are not seeing this then try restarting the app, or worst case uninstall and reinstall the app.

ps. the above is from the iPhone app, but Android should be similar.

Topic Stats