cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV not working with Chromecast

Nick_W
I plan to stick around

We are away on vacation, and wanted to cast Ignite TV to the TV at the cottage.

I can start the Ignite app (V7.130662), and view the channel live on my iPad (iOS 17.5.1), however when I cast to my Chromecast Google TV, it looks like it is starting, says “Ignite TV” and “ready to cast”, but then the name of the channel and show appears, and a picture for the channel shows, then the picture disappears, and three dots start chasing. After a few seconds, the picture appears again, then the three does again. This cycles forever.

The chromecast and my iPad are on the same WiFi network (but we are not at home).

This same set up has worked as expected previously, but now does not.

I have tried two other Apple devices (iPhone and another iPad), with no success. We also have a different chromecast, which we tried, again, with no success.

My chromecast Google TV is Android TV OS version 10, kernel 4.9.180.

Any idea what the issue is? I have seen posts for other people with the same problem.

**Labels Added**

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ignite TV not working with Chromecast

RogersCorey

Good morning @Nick_W!

I understand that this could be a frustrating issue but we do have some troubleshooting for you today. I just need a few more details to better understand the situation.

Are you currently within Canada or is this cottage located in the US? Is the Internet connection at this location also a Rogers Internet connection or a different provider? How strong is the WiFi connection?

Are you able to successfully cast other applications such as YouTube to this TV? If other applications do not cast successfully, then it's either a WiFi problem at this cottage or an issue with the TV directly.

Have you tried rebooting the modem and completely turning the TV off and on again? A lot of smart TVs only go into a rest mode when you press the power button and a full restart could solve potential issues such as this. Holding the power button may prompt a full restart on many TVs.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation