Ignite TV App Web Version Requires Flash?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Ignite TV App Web Version Requires Flash?

"Should" It should have been done long before the deadline to deal with any problems.
Philip144
I Plan to Stick Around

absolutely!

senordd
I Plan to Stick Around

Any news on when they'll have this running? They only have 3-4 weeks before it's completely disabled.

DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ignite TV on Web: Flash Player? Really?

So I am still very new to Ignite, having just installed a few days ago so still very much in learning curve mode.

Yesterday I went to the Rogers website at https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ and was astonished to see this:

FireShot Capture 266 -  - ignitetv.rogers.com.jpg

I can, for now, enable Flash on a case by case basis, but surely Rogers is leaving it till the last second to update their site, since Flash is going bye-bye any day now?  What happens when Chrome support for Flash is gone - isn't that happening this month? Literally?

Any feedback @CommunityHelps on this? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DrMike : Looks like your post was moved to this existing thread. See post 35 for some feedback...

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DrMike wrote:

What happens when Chrome support for Flash is gone - isn't that happening this month? Literally?

Adobe will cease supporting Flash Player after December 31, 2020.  On January 12, 2021, Flash Player itself will block Flash content from running.

KimC1971
I've Been Here Awhile

How has this question not been answered yet!??  It astounding to me that it is now December, we've been warned that Flash is on its way out for months, and Rogers has not yet notified customers of how to watch ignite on the internet!?  Its utterly unbelievable.  

KimC1971
I've Been Here Awhile

THAT's your answer? And this important piece of information is buried in a forum 3 pages in? How about communicating these plans properly and transparently to the customers who pay a fortune for these services!???
Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Because the whole X1 platform Rogers uses is controlled by Comcast in the US, it has just not been done yet. Comcast did not make the switch themselves until earlier in the fall. In the US they did it area by area, but I suspect for Rogers they will just pull the trigger. I suspect December 30th 🙂
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KimC1971 wrote:
THAT's your answer? And this important piece of information is buried in a forum 3 pages in? How about communicating these plans properly and transparently to the customers who pay a fortune for these services!???

Don't be too hard on the Mods here.  They can't provide any details as to what problems or solutions that the engineering teams are working on, nor can they update us on the status of internal projects or products that have not been released yet.

I've mentioned before that migrating the Ignite TV online app from Adobe Flash/Primetime to HTML5 is not a trivial task.  However, I don't know what could be holding up the migration.  Comcast has already migrated.  Shaw still lists Flash as a system requirement for their BlueCurve TV online app and in their FAQ, but users have also reported in their Forums that they are no longer getting prompted to activate the Flash Player in their browsers.

This appears to be a solved problem.  We just need to wait for Rogers to get this done.