Ignite TV App - Not Connected to the Internet error

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ignite TV App - Not Connected to the Internet error

Hey @zee,

Please send a Private Message to us at @CommunityHelps so we can try a few more things and then we can escalate a ticket off to our engineers to investigate further if we can't figure it out.

Please click HERE, for instructions on how to send a Private Message if you are unfamiliar.

RogersTim

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Currently on my son's wifi which is Roger's. Open the ignite TV app and it fails to connect. If I disable wifi and go cell data it is ok.

The app actually fails and i send feedback.

Using my Samsung s9+.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I just had ignite installed yesterday. My setup is that I have the rogers modem connected to a TPLink router that is more centrally located to provide wifi throughout the house.

When I connect to the ignite website to stream from a laptop using the TPLink wifi everything works without any issue. However when using the ignite app on my Pixel 3 phone or my wife's iPhone X it gets an error saying it cannot connect to the internet. If use the rogers wifi directly then it works fine however the signal doesn't make it all over the house.

The DNS entries on the TPLink router are all inherited from the rogers modem so I'm not sure what the issue is

Any advice?

Thanks,

Ali

I Plan to Stick Around

As an update, this is not resolved for me either. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@alijaffer wrote:

...The DNS entries on the TPLink router are all inherited from the rogers modem...

You may want to check the SSID and Password to make sure they do match exactly on both devices. I had a similar issue when I installed TPLink Powererlink adapters.  Once the Password matched, the (same) issue (as you have) with my iPad and iPhone went away.

Another option would be to have the two work separately and log into one or the other with your mobile devices depending on where you are in the home.

I Plan to Stick Around

Are you saying the following:

SSID: RogerWifi
PWD: RogersWifiPwd19

SSID: TPLinkWifi

Or are you saying I need to rebroadcast the rogers SSID as well?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe that in order to have the devices use the WiFi from either router (seamlessly) you need the same SSID and PW on both?  Sometimes people have problems with that configuration and so they login to one or the other router using different SSID/PW combinations from their mobile devices.  The first (seamless) option would be as follows:

RogerWifi Router

SSID: ABCDE

TPLinkWifi Router
SSID: ABCDE

I Plan to Stick Around

The simple test is this. When connected to your own router does your phone access the internet perfectly as mine does? Indicating that of course I have connected with the ssid an password correctly. Then open the ignite TV app and expect to see the 'not connected ' error which is ridiculous. The app has a problem. Its not your router. It's not internet access or login credentials. It's the app. The frustration here is my router DID work up until 2 weeks ago with ignitetv. No one knows what changed. Seems more and more report the same issue.
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried setting the SSID and Password to be the same on my 5GHz network but that did not work.

I ended up making my 5GHz network rebroadcast the Rogers Wifi but left the 2.4GHz network with my previous name so that existing smart devices would continue to work.

While this did work, I think this is an App issue and should be addressed by Rogers.

Ali

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@alijaffer wrote:

I tried setting the SSID and Password to be the same on my 5GHz network but that did not work.

Did you try the same SSID and PW on both 5 and 2.4 GHz?