cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App Casting on Chromecast Keeps Stopping

gordfc
I've been here awhile

When casting to chromecast from My ignite tv app, its constantly shutting down. Its consistently 2 or 3 times per recorded show. Ill have to shut down the toshiba tv with chromecast built in to restart it then launch app on my Samsung s21 . I thought it may have been the tv but if i cast YouTube or prime or netflix or Google chrome i have no issues, only happens with ignite tv app.. very frustrating for the price i pay for cable.. ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app no difference. What is the issue? Thx

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ignite TV App Casting on Chromecast Keeps Stopping

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This has been discussed numerous times in the forum.  The IgniteTV app is not fully compatible with built in Chromecast, only Chromecast devices (external to the TV).  If you search this forum for Chromecast you'll find a number of threads on the topic.  Some people have managed to get it working with TV apps, but most not.

gordfc
I've been here awhile
Its been working for months, just started recently unfortunately

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Abalatbat
I've been around
I have an external google chrome cast and it still does the same thing. Very annoying

Good day @Abalatbat,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thank you for your post. I can imagine that experiencing technical issues can be frustrating.

Have you had a chance to review the links posted in the replies above? It contains a lot of relevant information with regards to Casting Ignite TV.

Additionally, can you tell us more about the troubleshooting steps you tried if any?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation