cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Connect App upgrade experience

Cc63
I've been here awhile

Hi, it appears that many users are experiencing issues with the Home Connect app displaying a message to "Upgrade for this experience." Despite upgrading my gateway four times and having technicians visit my house twice this week, the problem persists. Could you please advise on how to get the app working again? Is it possible that customer service representatives need to update individual accounts to resolve this?

**Labels Updated**

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Home Connect App upgrade experience

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What device(s) are you using to run the HomeConnect app?  Are you running an old version of iOS or Android that no longer meets the minimum requirements for the latest version of HomeConnect?

Cc63
I've been here awhile
I am using my iPhone 13 and the iOS is updated to the newest software. That’s the only device I have the app on thank you for reaching out

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Okay, I think I know what's going on here.  This message displays when the Ignite HomeConnect app logs into your account but cannot connect to the back-end services that are associated with (and used to centrally manage) an (XB6 / XB7 / XB8) Ignite Gateway.

It might be a provisioning glitch.  There are also two versions of the HomeConnect app in the App Store -- one for those in (original) Rogers territory and another for those in former-Shaw territory.  I presume that you have the correct one installed otherwise you would not (should not?) be allowed to log in.

@CommunityHelps  Do you have any suggestions?  Is this a Rogers/Shaw integration issue?

Cc63
I've been here awhile
Honestly I had to log a ticket with Roger’s as I have tried to do all the troubleshooting I can and still this app says to upgrade lol I’m using the gen 3 and my iPhone is updated to iOS 17.5 - really at a loss what to do and seems Roger’s Service Techs are in the same boat. I will note I’ve tried this app on many devices in the home and so far nothing is working
I don’t know -

bubbbab
I plan to stick around
It's ridiculous. Thousands of people have this issue and not one of them anywhere online has received a working solution. For ours, as soon as we upgraded to 1.5GB internet the app started displaying the same need to upgrade hardware message. They tell you to PM them, they move the issue to upper tier support who then marks it as solved yet, it isn't. The private message is in hopes that others don't know it hasn't been fixed. You need toog into your online Rogers account website to see who's connected to your WiFi. It's beyond foolish.

StripesAndPlaid
I've been around

I have the same issue. I would just use the gateway webpage (router's IP address), but they lock out features, such as changing your Wi-Fi name and password, port-forwarding, etc, and make you use the app that doesn't work. Beyond frustrating.

I also had the same experience with Rogers support opening a ticket, then marking it as resolved even though it wasn't. I'm going to start looking at other options for ISP's in my area, since I am unable to change basic settings on my network without a 3rd party router.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation