cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting from Ignite TV app

Klf
I'm here a lot

I just got Roger's Ignite TV and internet and installed the Ignite TV app on my Galaxy S9. I can watch a program on my phone but I can't see any options for casting to a TV or Chromecast device. Is this not possible?

*Added Labels*

71 REPLIES 71

Re: Casting from Ignite TV app

Why won’t the ignite app allow a show downloaded to my phone to be casted?

ChristianK
I've been here awhile
I have the same problem. Away from home wireless I get the TVAPP-00101 error using the ignite tv app from my android phone on a Samsung smart tv and Chromecast Gen 3.

However, on an older Samsung dumb tv with a 2nd gen Chromecast everything plays fine.

tmbusines
I've been here awhile

My Ignite app os not casting all of sudden. TV displays ready to cast under Ignite Tv logo. Nothing.

Greetings @tmbusines!

Have you tried yet to powercycle both your TV and your device? Please try powering off your device fully and unplugging your TV from the power for 10 seconds.

Is your TV and your phone running the most recent OS update available to them? If not, please update and try again.

Let us know if either of these steps work.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Jman5
I've been here awhile

Hi,

My Chromecast stopped working with the Rogers ignite app. It was working fine for months and then stopped working. All other apps work with the Chromecast, but not the ignite anymore.
I can get it to say on my tv ready to cast with the finite logo on my tv and when I try to cast it on any device to my Chromecast it says casting and nothing happens.
I'm on a 5g Internet connection

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thank you for your time

Hello and welcome to the Community @Jman5,

We can certainly further assist you with the casting issues you're currently experiencing with your Ignite TV app.

To ensure that we get this resolved for you I'd like to ask you a couple of quick questions.

- The device you’re using to access Ignite TV – as well as the device you’re casting onto – are they both connected to the same WiFi network?

- The device you’re casting onto is tuned to the same input that your Chromecast is plugged into (e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2)?

- What device are you using to cast? Are you on the latest software?

- Are you getting any error messages?

- Which Chromecast Gen are you using?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersRahul

ChristianK
I've been here awhile
I got my initial issues sorted out (I have to use tv go channels). It worked okay for a few days but now it doesn't work at all. Similar to the post above, when hit the cast icon the Chromecast loads up the ignite tv app no problem on the tv. "ready to cast" it says. However when I select a channel to cast the app starts spinning its wheels with the 3 dots saying "casting to living room tv" but nothing happens on the app (my phone. Pixel 5) or the tv (Samsung Q70t). It just stays "ready to cast". I tried from my laptop and the chrome browser and it's the same.

It's not hung up because I can stop casting and it responds right away. It's like the command isn't even being sent to the Chromecast or TV when I select the content.

I have no issues with the 2nd gen Chromecast on my other tv. I tried factory resetting the Chromecast but no change. Rebooted tv, no change.

Jman5
I've been here awhile

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I'm connected to the same wifi and HDMI. The Chromecast I'm using is a Chromecast second generation I think.
I believe I have the latest software.
How would I check my software?

When I try to cast it says on my tv ignite ready to cast, but it won't connect anything. No error message it just says casting on my phone and ready to cast on my tv and nothing happens.
I'm using my Huawei cell phone to connect and never had any issues before untill now.
I've tried my tablet to connect and it won't work either with ignite.
All my other apps like sportsnet or NHL work on my Chromecast from my phone, but the Rogers ignite app won't work.

Thank you very much for your time and help

Good evening @Jman5 @ChristianK,

Thank you for the detailed information! We can open an investigation to look into this for you.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

Cheers,

RogersRahul

tmbusines
I've been here awhile

Yes, I've tried recycling the chromecast, phone and tv. I'm not on a Rogers wifi network (Cottage location) but it worked fine 2 weeks ago.  It also works at home on a Rogers wi-fi network no problems.

Nothing has changed in the setup. Even from my laptop using the Rogers web app for Ignite I have the same issue. All other apps can cast no problem. When trying to cast from Rogers Android app or Windows app I get IGNITE TV and Ready to Cast displayed on the TV. The phone app is tuck on Casting to Living Room TV, which is my name for Chromecast. Thanks for the attention to this matter.

I am have the exact same problem. Please advise when you have a Saloutions. New chrome cast with iPhone 11 on dum rv. Rebooted all several times. iPhone is running most current ios

jaykay1
I've been around
Having the exact same issue as @Jman5
@tmbusines @ChristianK @Jkwalker - TV with Chromecast says ready to cast but nothing actually happens. Started happening 4/5 days ago, was literally working fine the day before. Same issue whether from computer or ignite app on my phone.

lpc1
I've been around
I am having the exact same issue as others here. Casting to TV via Chromecast and the Rogers Ignite App has been working fine for several months until today. Now I can't cast at all although I can stream channels from on my phone no problem.

I have tried resetting all devices and all devices are running the latest firmware. I have a TV with Chrome Chromecast built in rather than an external stick.

RonK2
I've been around

having the same issue. casting worked a week ago this week it just spins and shows Ignite on the TV and ready to cast.  When I go back to the cast option I get a message No Media Selected" even though I selected a recording

I have been having issues casting Ignite TV , When I cast from my Hauwei Pad, laptop or phone to the TV on the TV it says "ready to cast" and doesnt play the channel or video

seanlee2
I've been here awhile

Same, started happening to me last night.  We have three different Google cast devices, all are doing the same thing.  Once I start the cast, the tv says the normal ready to cast, but when I try to load any content nothing happens.  Had been working fine for us up until now.  My other apps cast no issue.

Hello Community!

I know casting is a popular feature and we want to ensure you're able to utilize the feature. If you're continuing to experience issues with casting, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can investigate further.

Cheers,

RogersRahul

pj93
I've been here awhile

same issue...worked Sunday night, not Monday night.

"ready to cast" and no media selected....

customer16
I've been around

Same issue as the others on the thread, "ready to cast" sign but nothing actually casting, first time seeing this today...

If anyone finds a solution could you please share with the broader group?  

Anyone else having this problem where they try to Chromecast using the Ignite TV app onto their TV and it doesn’t work?

I have the 3rd generation Chromecast where it use to work until recently. Now all I get is the Ignite TV logo on the tv and below is saying Ready To Cast.

I went to buy a new chromecast, it worked for a week and now it’s back to not working. Very frustrating.

I am also having the same issues with casting, just started yesterday. Have cycled everything, re-setup my chromecast and it still does not work. It is definitely the Ignite app because I can cast from my iPhone from any other app no issue. Think maybe something happened during your last update to the wifi hub app??

Topic Stats