cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting from Ignite TV app

Klf
I'm here a lot

I just got Roger's Ignite TV and internet and installed the Ignite TV app on my Galaxy S9. I can watch a program on my phone but I can't see any options for casting to a TV or Chromecast device. Is this not possible?

*Added Labels*

71 REPLIES 71

Re: Casting from Ignite TV app

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, Comcast customers are also reporting problems with casting to their Chromecast: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-website/chromecast-streaming-is-not-working/...

hun67677
I've been around

Same issue on my end. Ignite app streams to TV saying "ready to cast" but no shows start playing on the TV and the app just has three dots loading trying to cast the episode or live tv with no luck. Seems to be an app or system-based issue that will likely need an update fix from Rogers. 

Exact same issue here. Used to work just fine. Now when I select my chromecast, on my tv it says "ready to cast" while the app shows the dots loading but nothing ever happens. Hopefully this is something an update o the app can fix and hopefully it comes out soon because this is a really frustrating experience

Concerned2
I've been here awhile
This has recently happen to me aswell!! It was working fine till I tried to watch the home opener of the raptors game! And it just wouldn't cast. It says it's casting but nothing show ups on the TV saying rogers ignite ready to cast. Please fix the app asap!!!

gordfc
I've been here awhile
My Samsung s21plus just sits here with the 3dots flashing while im attempting to cast from the app to my toshiba tv with chromecast built it... very frustrating

warpax
I've been around

Same issue here in the last two days with "Ready to Cast" other apps are able to cast to Chromecast without issue.

Please advise of a solution.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't have a Chomecast device so I can't test this and I don't know why this would have broken.

According to the Ignite TV page on the Google Play Store, the latest version, 6.7.0.004, was released back in May, 2021.  An app update did not break casting... but perhaps something like an encryption key expired and the app needs to be updated.  I don't know.

My Ignite XB6 gateway rebooted yesterday morning and may have updated to CGM4140COM_4.11p7s1 at that time.  (I think that I was still running 4.11p4s1 last week.)  The changelogs are not published anywhere and there's no telling whether or not this could have broken anything.

Google also released a bunch of Chrome and Chrome OS software updates this past week.  It's possible that the Chromecast's firmware may have been updated as well.

I also searched Twitter and saw some people complaining that they could not cast from other apps as well.  It was not a huge number of tweets but they also started two days ago, so the timing is consistent.

Does anybody know whether Google updated the Chromecast software/firmware this past week?

tekkan
I've been around

I'm trying to cast to my chromecast from the ignite tv app but it's not working. When I start to cast the chromecast shows the ignite tv app and says waiting to cast and the ignite tv app on my phone is stuck on the "casting to tv" message with the three dots. I wait and wait and nothing happens.

I tried on both my gen 1 and 3 chromecast. I have a Samsung s10.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, searched again and found this exchange on Twitter: https://twitter.com/XfinitySupport/status/1450961439267692546

User: XfinitySupport Xfinity how do I troubleshoot these casting issues? Every other media app casts flawlessly but my xinfinity stream has been stuck for three days now without a fix.

XfinitySupport: Thank you very much for reaching out to us here today. I do know that there is a known issue with that stream app and casting that we have engineers working to correct. I can look a little further into that for you if you could send me a DM with your account information. -John

I don't know what or why things broke but at least this is confirmation from Comcast that this is a known problem and that they are working on a fix.

@CommunityHelps  Have the Rogers internal support teams also confirmed this problem and are they in touch with their Comcast counterparts for a fix?

RobPop
I've been around

The app will connect to my chrome cast and says ready to cast but will not play anything , live tv or recordings.. help!

Pdenz
I've been around
Rogers ignite ready to cast appears but can't stream any channels to the chrome-cast. I had no issues casting until now.

Hello, @-G-

We are aware of the issue with casting from the Ignite TV app. Our support teams are in the process of investigating this issue.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

RogersTony

Leonelapter
I've been around
Casting to android tv no longer possible. Allows casting to nest hub, but not to TV!

Am2k
I've been here awhile

My Chromecast stopped working on Rogers Ignite App and Crave

Up until a couple of days ago I was able to

- Chromecast the Rogers IGNITE app from my iphone to my tv

- Chromecast Crave from my laptop to my tv

Now when I click the cast icon it loads but just get "Ready to Cast" message

I have no problem casting Netflix, Youtube, AppleTV+ etc to my tv

What's with Rogers?

I reported the Ignite app issue yesterday and was told it was a technical issue that is being worked on?

Is this a known issue?

TC123
I've been around

Hi - I recently started having a problem where I've been unable to cast from my Ignite TV app onto my TV via google chromecast. This has not been an issue before until very recently (perhaps starting a week ago). To be clear, i am still able to watch and load shows and channels on the app and I am even able to connect to the chromecast (such that the screen will state "ready to cast"). However, when I select a show or channel, there is just a screen with three dots and nothing ever connects. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Jadeera
I've been around

Recently the Ignite TV all has stopped allowing me to cast to my GoogleTV / chrome cast. I am using android devices. I have Uninstaller, rebooted, tried everything to cast but it just doesn't cast. The app connects to the Google TV/ chrome cast. I can confirm this cause when I connect it states on the TV ignite TV ready to cast but when try to watch something live TV or even a recorded show it just loading and doesn't even play. I even let it try to load and waited 15 mins and still nothing. If anyone has a suggestion on what I should do to resolve I would greatly appreciate it. I do believe the app itself is the issue but open to ideas.

allenfog
I've been around

When I cast to Chromecast all that comes up on the display is ready to cast. When I look on my phone app it says media not selected. It use to cast no problem this is something recent

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's another update from Comcast:

We’re aware of an issue affecting some customers’ ability to use Xfinity Stream with Chromecast. Please know that this is not an issue with our network; our network is functioning properly at this time. But there is a technical issue with the service provider which they expect to resolve this coming Monday. We’re monitoring the situation and appreciate your understanding.

I don't know who they are referring to when they say "the service provider"; presumably a third party that either generates or transcodes the stream that gets cast to your Chromecast device.  Regardless, they expect a fix for this issue on Monday.

Same thing with me. It worked previously. Any suggestions? Is it resolved for you?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jimacsai44 wrote:

Same thing with me. It worked previously. Any suggestions? Is it resolved for you?

See my previous post.  Comcast expects a fix for this issue soon, hopefully tomorrow (Monday).

grohmel
I've been here awhile
@CommunityHelps
I am also having the same issue not able to cast started a couple days ago….. have rebooted everything.
Topic Stats