cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting From Ignite TV App

Symonds
I've been around

Recently when casting from the Roger’s ignite TV app to my TV, there is picture but no sound. All devices are not muted and volume is turned on. Only from the app to my tv that is does this. If I cast to another device, such as a Google display, the volume works.

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Casting From Ignite TV App

RogersCorey

Good afternoon @Symonds!

Audio issues aren't fun!

What kind of TV do you have? Have you tried power cycling your TV by unplugging the power to it for 10 seconds?

When strange issues like this seem to impact a specific device, often a simple power cycle is the fix.

Regards,

RogersCorey

jtrimbee
I've been here awhile

I'm having the same issue with the app. It started suddenly and has not corrected itself, but is consistent and reproduceable! It is mostly on recorded shows. they are casting (google cast) with no sound. I can change to a 'on demand' show, or live show and they have sound. I have sometimes flipped back and forth and it will suddenly work - but not always. I've also done the resetting of: App, TV, and Router. this too has worked once, but not worked 5 other occasions. 

Driving me crazy. Some tech change has been done with how rogers recorded shows are cast. 

jtrimbee
I've been here awhile

I forgot to mention that the recorded shows have sound playing on the app, the sound only stops when I cast to the TV (the Video plays on the TV as expected, just no Audio). 

While casting [a PVR'd show] on the TV with Video but no sound, I can use the app and select an 'On Demand" show. The casting pauses and then the new show starts playing and the sound works. Then on the App, i select the recorded show, the casting pauses and then the recorded show video starts playing but no sound. If do this a few times, some times the sound will work. 

Hello, @jtrimbee.

Thank you for joining this thread, and welcome to our Community.

We appreciate you detailing your experience with casting the recorded shows. Thank you for resetting the app, TV and the router. I assume by reset, you mean rebooting all the devices connected with casting.

Have you tried clearing the app cache and data?

Cheers,
RogersMoin

maple_leafs_67
I've been here awhile

This is recently happening to me too.  Same problem as described.  No sound from TV when casting recordings from ignite iOS app. 

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation