cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting for a fix

outage012
I've been here awhile

JUst wondering how long it takes Rogers to fix a problem. Internet going on/off all dat and night eb=very day. On chat last week and this week and still no resolution. Got an email apoligizing but no date to fix ????? Chat told me this was a problem in my area with lots of old modems causing problem. If this is the case ,how long does it take to send out new modern modemsnto rectify the proble. Been over a week ...I think a couple of days should do it...don't you???

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: waiting for a fix

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Old modems, really ???  That's the best excuse they could come up with?  Fwiw, I'd bet that a lot of those "old" modems are Hitron Coda-4582 modems which run OFDM channels, same as the Ignite (read Comcast) XB6, XB7 and XB8 modems.  What ever the issue is, it isn't old modems as they run DOCSIS compliant waveforms and data formats. 

Re: waiting for a fix

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Datalink wrote:

Old modems, really ???  That's the best excuse they could come up with?  Fwiw, I'd bet that a lot of those "old" modems are Hitron Coda-4582 modems which run OFDM channels, same as the Ignite (read Comcast) XB6, XB7 and XB8 modems.  What ever the issue is, it isn't old modems as they run DOCSIS compliant waveforms and data formats. 

Really hard to say what is actually going on here.

A few weeks ago, Rogers started carrying traffic on the upstream D3.1 OFDMA channel, in the mid-split range above 42 MHz.  (Those in this configuration now have upload speeds of 150 Mbps.)  It is possible that there is legacy equipment out there that will not respond well to this and could cause instability.

Another ongoing problem is instability of the next-gen Casa gear in certain configurations.  Casa Systems also happened to go bankrupt two months ago, and their cable assets got acquired by Commscope last week... who, themselves, are not in the best financial health, and it remains to be seen how they intend to support Casa products going forward.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation