cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Reset the modem using the reset button" not working

linck
I've been here awhile

i have the Gen 1 and i forgot my password so try factory reset using a pin but all it dose is normal restart 

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Reset the modem using the reset button" not working

@RogersJermaine wrote:

Hi @linck,

If you have not set it up and would like to complete a factory reset on the gateway, you would need to hold press and hold the reset button down until the LED light changes to green.

You can find the instructions on how to complete the reset and factory reset on our page here

Just to add to this, using something like a paper clip, you will need to keep the reset button depressed for approximately 30 seconds.  When the reset is about to occur, the gateway's status LED will turn off and so will its internal fan.  The XB6 gateway will then reset and reboot.

When you see the status LED flash white, you can then redo the initial configuration.  You have only a few minutes to complete this before the back-end systems attempt to restore the previous configuration.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersJermaine

Hi @linck,

Thank you for joining us here on the Rogers Community Forums we thank you for your posting your inquiry here. 

Do you have access to the Ignite HomeConnect app? You can easily find and change your Wi-Fi password from there. If you have not set it up and would like to complete a factory reset on the gateway, you would need to hold press and hold the reset button down until the LED light changes to green.

You can find the instructions on how to complete the reset and factory reset on our page here

I hope this information helps. 

Regards,

RogersJermaine

@RogersJermaine wrote:

Hi @linck,

If you have not set it up and would like to complete a factory reset on the gateway, you would need to hold press and hold the reset button down until the LED light changes to green.

Just to add to this, using something like a paper clip, you will need to keep the reset button depressed for approximately 30 seconds.  When the reset is about to occur, the gateway's status LED will turn off and so will its internal fan.  The XB6 gateway will then reset and reboot.

When you see the status LED flash white, you can then redo the initial configuration.  You have only a few minutes to complete this before the back-end systems attempt to restore the previous configuration.

linck
I've been here awhile

i said i all rdy try using a pin 5x that end up only doing a restart but look at ur reply thinking "fine ill try a paper clip" and idk y but it turn green rather then yellow

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation