cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Network Non-Existent Wired LAN Ok - Anyone else?

mmessina1
I've been here awhile

Hi,

Our Wi-Fi Network is down on our Wi-Fi Gateway modem. It doesn’t show on the list of available networks. However All wired LAN Connections are working fine. We’re in Ajax.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

(I have received some messages in other places with some others experiencing the same.)

Thanks!

**Labels Added**

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Wi-Fi Network Non-Existent Wired LAN Ok - Anyone else?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mmessina1 wrote:

Hi,

Our Wi-Fi Network is down on our Wi-Fi Gateway modem. It doesn’t show on the list of available networks. However All wired LAN Connections are working fine. We’re in Ajax.

If you have Ignite Internet, with an Ignite WiFi Gateway , launch the Ignite WiFi Hub app on a mobile phone with a data plan and check the WiFi status.  Launch the app -- it should say Ignite WiFi Gateway Online.  Click "View Network Details".  Is your WiFi network name shown next to the Wi-Fi Icon and if you click "Show Password", is the password correct?  Also, try clicking the "pencil" on the top-right to edit your WiFi settings.  Do you see anything funny there?

If you can't use the app, log into your Ignite Gateway with a computer (the default username and password is admin and password) .  You will see your gateway's Wi-Fi Configuration on the status page as soon as you log in.

I don't have legacy Internet, with an old Hitron gateway, so I don't recall how they work but you should be able to find help on the Rogers's Troubleshooting page.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

(I have received some messages in other places with some others experiencing the same.)

No, sorry, I have never seen (or heard of) any such thing happening before.

Have you tried power-cycling your gateway to see if that fixes the problem?

Tanicat
I'm here a lot
In Ottawa… we have no connection this morning. I’m watching the available connections on my computer and it’s down to only 5 available “Bell” options with others flickering on for a few seconds here and there. I usually see about 15 options, looks like most of my neighbours are with Rogers

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Tanicat wrote:
In Ottawa… we have no connection this morning. I’m watching the available connections on my computer and it’s down to only 5 available “Bell” options with others flickering on for a few seconds here and there. I usually see about 15 options, looks like most of my neighbours are with Rogers

We have been dealing with some major, MAJOR breakage for the last several days, affecting our entire neighbourhood,  that makes the Rogers Internet service unusable and Ignite TV unwatchable but nothing like this.

Fr33hug5
I'm here a lot

You are not alone. Here in Newmarket, Ontario; Been having the exact same issue since 5am this morning with no WiFi. I tried to reset/reconfigure it but no dice. I have already tried to reboot my box several times. Still no WiFi

RDK-03087 Error code

Tried calling support, but was told I would have to wait 3+ hours to talk to an available representative. This is not acceptable.

mmcharri
I've been here awhile

Exact same problem here in Mississauga. Have never seen this before.

Modem is solid white, ethernet is working, but the wifi is not visible on any devices. The Rogers Ignite Wifi app test says successful and that there isn't any problems. But there is no wifi on any my 10+ devices.

No wifi connectivity from my modem here in NB, barely able to connect on Ethernet to the modem. 100% remote worker here, how am i supposed to pay my big rogers bills if i can’t work?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wow!  Which model of Ignite gateway do you all have?

@CommunityHelps Did the network team push out a firmware update last night that went horribly wrong?

mmcharri
I've been here awhile

CGM4331COM (White Ignite Modem) for me. My guess is firmware update too but the gateway UI does not show any useful logs. 

Tanicat
I'm here a lot
Others are saying a factory reset fixes the issue https://downdetector.ca/status/rogers/

We’re going to give it a try

OMG, it worked!
Pressed the back button for 30 seconds till it flashed green.
Made myself a coffee, sat at my computer and I’m back!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mmcharri wrote:

CGM4331COM (White Ignite Modem) for me. My guess is firmware update too but the gateway UI does not show any useful logs. 

Last time I checked my parents' XB7 (a few days ago) they were running CGM4331COM_5.2p22s1_PROD_sey.

gateway UI does not show any useful logs. 

Yeah, I know.  Rogers has had these things configured from the beginning to only show logging at the Information level (what do they have to hide?!?) which makes the logs absolutely useless.

Right now, I would suggest not doing anything too extreme until we know what we are dealing with.  It would be great if the @CommunityHelps team should share whatever information that they have about this issue.

The good news is that you all seem to still have Internet connectivity which means it is possible that Rogers could fix this from their end.

Kat77
I've been around

I am also in Ottawa and mine is down? Do you have the white ignite modem? My parents live a few blocks away and theirs is working

Fr33hug5
I'm here a lot

Why do we always have to go to a 3rd party site that has no affiliation with Rogers to get any information regarding the latest issue with Roger's Communication? Would it not make sense for them to tell us from the get go? Why do they keep hiding behind a wall of silence?

Tanicat
I'm here a lot
Holding the back button for 30 seconds till it blinked, then waiting about 10 minutes seemed to work for me. Could be coincidence, but I’m happy to be back online either way

I'm at work. My box which is at home does not have a back button or any buttons.

its a white box model: CGM4331COM

Sorry, when I say “back button”, I mean the button on the back.
https://tinyurl.com/4mz23tmu

mmcharri
I've been here awhile

Yes unfortunately I didn't save the firmware version I was running when I had the issue, but can confirm factory reset via the button on the back did fix the issue (thanks @Tanicat). Had to re-set-up the SSID and all but at least it's working.

All signs definitely pointing to a bad firmware push by Rogers Engineers. And yet they won't actually acknowledge this anywhere public 🤣

@Fr33hug5 I have the same box, there is a button on the back that is also white in color so might be hard to see. Hold it for 30s then let go and the light should start flashing green. From there it is like you have a new box and need to set up your wifi again using the details on the sticker on the bottom.

I will keep this in mind when I get home from work today.

Bytor1
I've been around

You'll need to do a hard factory reset. Hold the button, on the back of the router, in for at least 30-60 seconds and then release. Once the router gets to a flashing white light, open Ignite Wifi app and register the router again.

Should fix your problem.

Js_49
I've been around

Same here in Pickering since ~4:00 AM. Calling tech support is a waste of time…+3 hr wait time. Anna (chat) useless

Topic Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 in conversation