cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Yahoo Mail Attachment Names are stripped and Generic

GT_Info
I've been here awhile

Hi - Hope someone has a suggestion. 

When sending email from Rogers Yahoo browser, mail attachment names reach recipients as attach1.pdf, attach2.pdf, attach3.xlsx.  It is keeping the extension type correct, but removing th eactual filename. If I send the same email with the same Rogers Yahoo account and the same attachments from Apple Mail or GMAIL, they reach the destinations with attachment names intact.  I have tried multiple browsers, but same result. This only happens when using the Rogers Yahoo web portal form a browser. Does not happen when using GMAIL web browser portal.

Any ideas? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers Yahoo Mail Attachment Names are stripped and Generic

RogersCorey

Greetings @GT_Info!

That is indeed a strange issue.

Do you know if this issue occurs across all browser types when accessing webmail?

Regards,

RogersCorey

GT_Info
I've been here awhile
Yes. Tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera; all in OS X. Haven’t tried on Windows, but will.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just tested this in Webmail (Rogers/Yahoo e-mail in a browser - Chrome on a Mac Mini) and didn't have this problem. The filenames came through just fine and I tried 3 different attachments with 3 different extensions. 

When you look at your sent folder are the filenames OK in your sent e-mail?

GT_Info
I've been here awhile

Hi. I appreciate your testing effort.  Sent emails tests just re-checked; all show accurate file names. Screen clips below:

Sent file names:

Sent file names.jpg

Received File Names:

Received File Names.jpg

Thanks

Hello, @GT_Info.

It's undoubtedly puzzling as to why the file names are getting changed. I attached a few files on a Windows 10 PC with the Chrome browser and sent it to a different non-rogers account. I can confirm all the attached file names were intact. Have you tested it on your Windows PC yet?

I appreciate @57 replicating the issue on your Mac Mini.

The issue appears to be something local.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation