cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP phone not working

snugerud
I'm here a lot

I got rogers internet about a month ago.  At first my magic jack phone service was working great, however for 3 weeks now when we call out the person receiving the call doesnt hear our voice.  When we receive calls it works no problem.  I have tried the device on another internet service with no issues calling out.  I have also duplicated using the magic jack app on my cell phone switching between data and wifi.  (it works fine when using my cell data but doesnt when using wifi). 

Our modem/gateway is Technicolor - CGM4331COM

I have tried forwarding ports, I have enable dmz on that devices IP. , I have tried disabling the firewall. 

From the Magic Jack website they suggest disabling SIP ALG however, that doesnt appear to be an option for this particular modem. 

***Added Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: VOIP phone not working

RogersTony

Hello, @snugerud

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the community.

Regrettably, we are unable to troubleshoot device specific issues like with your VOIP phone. It is strange that it was working fine before and suddenly stopped working. Have you attempted a factory reset of the Ignite Gateway modem? There may be a specific setting that was enabled recently that is causing an issue with your VOIP phones.

You can factory reset your modem by following the steps listed here.

Please let us know if issues are persistent after the reset.

Regards,

CommunityHelps

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation