cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally Unreliable Service

Bobparsons
I've been here awhile

The reliability of Rogets service doesn't appear to have improved since they disrupted the entire country earlier this year. For the tenth time this year, I've list internet etc for an entire day. Rogers are oblivious to the needs of people who earn a livelihood working from home. Just pay your bill and shut up seems to be their mantra. They even sent me a text telling me the fault was fixed when it wasn't. I guess they didn't want to pay overtime to the technicians to do a half way decent job. Their CEO told us he was going to fix the reliability issues. He lied!! When will Rogers provide the level of service we require, and pay a lot of money for? I'm fed up waiting for Rogers to get their act together. Bell is looking really hold right now. Who is coming with me to Bell or Telus.? 

***Edited Labels***

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Totally Unreliable Service

RogersZia

Good afternoon @Bobparsons,

Welcome to the Community!

I appreciate your feedback and I understand how inconvenient service interruptions can be. We're definitely working hard to provide our customers with a reliable service.

We haven't been notified of any active outages right now. If you continue to experience service issues please let us know via the forums so we can assist you further.

RogersZia

Bobparsons
I've been here awhile
I got a text saying it was fixed and it wasn't - the tech was still working on the junction box in ghr street. The monthly outages of a dsy each, cost me several hundred dollars in lost business. Bell are doing same service for $100 less. So I save around $750 a month going to Bell. No contest. Just one customer though, so I don't expect your executives to take a blind bit of notice.

Gruntly
I've been around
I, too, run a business from home but today the Rogers outage I am experiencing is interfering with a health issue my wife is having. Because these days everything is done online, my wife is expected to send imaging to her doctor via a secure medical app for a telephone conversation she's supposed to have in the morning but can't. I guess there's alway the emergency department at our local over worked, understaffed hospital if need be. T.G. my phone is with a different company!

RobFord2
I'm here a lot

Best of luck at Bell. I was a customer for over 30 years. They promise the world and deliver disappointment.... constantly upping your price after promising it's good for 2 yrs

I will admit, Rogers is looking like they are headed back in that direction after pulling up their socks rather nicely for a while

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Truthfully though, if you havent been with a competitor recently (Bell or even one of the smaller ones), if you are ever expecting 100% uptime, to never have issues, and to bend over backwards to try and fix stuff instantly, its a bit of a pipe dream.
They have all had the same sorts of issues.. 

While in a perfect world we shouldnt have to.. but now a days, everyone should have a back up just in case.  And most do with cellular.
Especially in the case of business.  If your work requires 100% online, having a backup solution.  Even if cellular and not perfect, but at least its not 100% down.  yes its an extra cost.. but its the cost of doing business.

You can start getting into the business level internet (instead of home), but not 100% sure on any forms of SLA on them.   Going up to a more corporate grade rogers internet,  you DO get an SLA.. which will guarantee more update, quick tech response, etc.  BUT at a cost, you could be paying 4-5x as much as home, to get that SLA.

Bobparsons
I've been here awhile
I don't expect 100% uptime. However, I contend that outages several times a month is unacceptable these days- equipment reliability being what it is. The solution is not for me to spend more money with you, but for to spend the money I pay you now, to buy more reliable equipment and infrastructure components. It's academic now as I've got Bell installed. Oddly enough, on the day they installed it, my Rogers cable and internet was down yet again.

UnikeAngie
I've been around

Hi - just came across this. Sadly I agree. I received my bill, went online to ask for an extension to pay the past due plus current balance August 3rd. I am moving into a new place and just put down $4600 first and last month's rent which does not leave much for other important things. Went on Rogers and they immediately want to send me to the "credit department" as he was "unable to do this favour for me". We are living in hard times, I've been paying my bill on or before the due date for over three years and they can't even do this without making your feel horrivble by sending you to the "credit department". Meanwhile my internet / tv is not the best.  If anyone recently switched to another provider, please let me know and how it's going because what happened today is really eye opening...

Hello @UnikeAngie!

Thanks for your contribution on this thread and congrats on your new move! 🙌 Moving can be quite a difficult and rather stress inducing process already and the last thing we want to do is add to that. 😥 I'm sorry to hear what transpired and most definitely know how important it is to ensure you're receiving the products and service(s) you're paying for.

I totally understand how difficult it has been in our economy these days. Depending on your past payment history and current account status, you may be directed to speak with our Credit Operations department to iron out your payment arrangement request to ensure your service(s) are not interrupted.

Have you had the chance to connect with us since you last posted to address the issue(s) you're experiencing with your TV and Internet services?

Has our Credit Operations Department provided you with an explanation with regards to why they were unable to proceed with a payment arrangement?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 in conversation