cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party apps work with data but not with WiFi

Yuyangming7
I've been around

Hi,
Recently I started experiencing some issues with my Rogers wifi. Some apps can’t even start under wifi, telling me network error. This happens both on a Huawei P30 and iPhone 12. The apps are pet tracking app, huawei App Store and some gaming news app that I’m using. They could all work properly using cellular data but not wifi. I have tried manual unplug and plug the modern, and reseting using the Rogers wifi app. Neither methods can solve the problem. Please also note that two months ago, these apps can work smoothly without a problem over wifi. I don’t know what has gone wrong. Please, I need help solving this issue, there could be more apps that might not be working properly. Thanks in advance.

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Third party apps work with data but not with WiFi

RogersCorey

Greetings @Yuyangming7!

Issues such as this are always curious but you've come to the right place for help!

Have you checked with the app developer to make sure there aren't any known issues with these two apps? Since this issue is only happening to two apps in particular and not all your apps, it's possible these two are in need of an update.

Regards,

RogersCorey

k4kman2
I've been here awhile

I was trying to figure out why things are no longer working when i'm at home but yet they work when i'm out of the house today I found out it's Rogers is blocking them.

I play a game called Yahtzee with buddies on my phone and when i'm at home on wifi it does not work turn off wifi and go on cell network works fine

I also have another app called CuppaZee yet again same thing 

Does anyone have any suggestion 

k4kman2
I've been here awhile

Well now today it's working again.  But this is not the first time.  I will update this thread when I see them doing it again.

Greetings @k4kman2!

My name is Corey and I'm here to help you with this third party app issue today.

I have a few questions to ask, I hope that's okay!

What kind of device and operating system are you running on your phone right now? Do you get any errors when you try to access these apps via WiFi? How long has this been going on?

Have you made sure these apps and your OS are up to date? What, if any, troubleshooting have you done so far?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Parental controls turned on?
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation