Task manager shows that wifi is intermittent

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Titan68
I've Been Around

Task manager shows that wifi is intermittent

微信截图_20210324234621.png

I met a strange thing when I played a game, it continues to disconnect, but other apps are ok. But I do find the wifi intermittent in the task manager even I open a youtube video lasting hours. When I do an online internet speed test, it shows that there is nothing wrong with it. I am wondering whether someone can help me understand this kind of situation. Thank you!

***Added Labels***

RogersMoin

Re: Task manager shows that wifi is intermittent

Hello, @Titan68.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Keep getting disconnected while playing a game can be quite unpleasant. It's good to know that otherwise, your WiFi network is performing well. 

The graph you have posted shows the normal operation of your WiFi; send/receive of data is not continuous even when you are watching a 4K video. 

The only time you will see a continuous throughput is when you are downloading a file/program, like shown below:

As for getting disconnected from the game:

• What game were you playing?
  • Have you tried a different game?
  • Have you tried gaming on a wired connection?

Also, can you run a ping and traceroute to your gaming server? You can follow the instructions listed in the knowledgebase article

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin