Strange recurring issue with Rogers Technicolor CGM4140COM (Ignite 1 gigabit)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: Strange recurring issue with Rogers Technicolor CGM4140COM (Ignite 1 gigabit)

Good news! We've been unable to replicate the degraded throughput in bridge mode issue on the new firmware. This release is already in the deployment pipeline so gateways should be updated over the next couple of weeks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Strange recurring issue with Rogers Technicolor CGM4140COM (Ignite 1 gigabit)

Couple of weeks? . . 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What is the version of the updated firmware?

Currently showing:

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:Prod_18.1_d31 & Prod_18.1
Software Image Name:CGM4140COM_4.0p6s3_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:CGM4140COM
Packet Cable:2.0
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@NorthGraves Hey did the issue get fixed for you after the firmware update? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Testing, will report later.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same behaviour, unfoirtunately, once every X days.

Ran a couple of tests right now, clearly shows 650M down.

The sequence (bridge --> gateway --> restart the modem --> bridge) fixes this back to 945M down.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Jesus, it's the same for me as well.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got another update. 

Software Image Name: CGM4140COM_3.14p10s5_PROD_sey

Now I'm barely hitting 600 Mbps. I hover around 550-600 Mbps. I love getting the speeds I pay for. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Taab wrote:

Just got another update. 

Software Image Name: CGM4140COM_3.14p10s5_PROD_sey

Now I'm barely hitting 600 Mbps. I hover around 550-600 Mbps. I love getting the speeds I pay for. 

I am running the same version as you, which I am pretty sure is actually a downgrade from what I had before.

According to @RogersTony , we should now all be on version 4.0p9s1 although, clearly, this is not the case.  Perhaps there was a misunderstanding and they are really only just getting ready to roll that version out.  Hopefully they will get this figured out soon.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am experiencing the same issue as well and I am still on Software  version CGM4140COM_3.14p10s5_PROD_sey.  Are you still on this version as well. I wonder when they will be pushing the new firmware.