cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers is blocking all emails from my hosted accounts

MasterC
I plan to stick around

I just noticed when I send an email from any of my hosted names to my rogers accounts I don't get them. I can send them to Gmail, Outlook, or yahoo I get the messages I send or forward.

The strange thing is I can use rogers to send an email I host on my domains but when I reply I don't get the reply on my rogers emails. 

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rogers is blocking all emails from my hosted accounts

RogersCorey

Hello @MasterC!

I would love to help you out here but I need to clarify a couple of things first.

Are you using an email client here? If so, which one and what version? 

Are you getting any errors when this issue happens?

Please let me know and then I'll have enough information to start developing a solution.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed, just need a little clarification.

When you are sending from your hosted domains, you are sending it from that domain email, are you sending it from your machine on rogers?
If so, you are likely using their POP address to receive the email.  But if you are sending, are you trying to use their hosted SMTP address?

If so, I think that might be where the issue lays.

Rogers blocks most 3rd party SMTP outbound.  Why?
It helps prevent spam bot malware, etc from using your rogers connection for malicious purposes.

The solution to fix this, is use the rogers outbound SMTP, inside the email settings for that account.
It will just use the rogers server and authentication for outbound.  But any replies, etc all will still come back to the other email address.

MasterC
I plan to stick around

I have tried 4 different email clients. My Samsung Android 10, Windows outlook Office 365, I Mac Email, and I used Roundcube from Cpanel email account.  None of them can get an email to any of my rogers accounts. I tested these on other email accounts I have on Gmail, Outlook and I get the messages. It seems to be a yahoo issue.

RogersMoin

Hello, @MasterC.

Thank you for more info; have you checked the webmail yet? Just wondering if you would see those forwarded/replied emails there. 

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation