cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite - poor service!

Mlestage
I've been here awhile

I am not sure if this is the correct board to post this but I am posting how very disappointed I am with Rogers Ignite service. I have lost internet which means we have lost our phone, our TV and our internet (all of our computers). I contacted service yesterday and was connected with somebody in Ontario. We live in New Brunswick. After going through numerous attempts to get our router working again the call centre person said that she was going to book an appointment with a service tech. The earliest they could have someone here would be Thursday between 8:30 and 12:00. Remember I am calling on Monday and they are telling me that the earliest they can have someone here is Thursday morning! It is Tuesday and I decided to call the service centre again because I did not get a text letting me know that an appointment was booked. This morning I find out from the call centre (in Toronto again) that the booking did not go through and now the earliest they can have someone here is Friday between 8 and noon. I asked to speak to the manager to escalate the situation because I work from home and require internet. I was given to his manager and they said that they couldn’t do anything accept send an email to dispatch to see if they can get them here faster. I asked if they could call dispatch to stress the importance of my situation but they said that he was not allowed to call dispatch. I asked if I could speak to his manager and he said that I could not. “The buck stopped with him”. Know I am left here with no internet access, no phone and no TV for the entire week and there is nobody I can escalate this to because I cannot get past a supervisor at a call centre.
I tried to bring my Ignite router to the Rogers store to have it exchanged but they told me that they do not have the ignite routers at the stores.
This is the 2nd time this has happened to us in the last month and the first time our internet just came back on about an hour or so before the tech got here. The tech checked all of the connections at that time and there were no issues. Now it has happened again and we will be without any service for the entire week!
For anyone that is considering joining Rogers I am strongly suggesting not to. I have been with Rogers for over 30 years and I have never had so much trouble with them. I am stuck here without service for the entire week and I feel completely helpless to make Rogers understand how much of an emergency this is. There service is terrible and there is no escalation path. I will now look at their competitors for the first time in over 30 years. Rogers, you say that you know how important connectivity is but, in my opinion, your issues and the way your company is being run is the worst it has ever been!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Rogers Ignite - poor service!

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

The fact that you have been with Rogers for over 30 years tells them that you are less likely to walk. Threatening to leave seldom works.  The best deals go to those who actually cancel and get a call from the retention dept a day or two after the cancellation.  My colleague moves back and forth from Rogers to Bell every couple of years.  He has more services than I do and he pays less.  But he is willing to go through the hassle of changing providers.  He doesn't threaten to leave, he does!

Re: Rogers Ignite - poor service!

Mlestage
I've been here awhile

I am sure that a company like Rogers wouldn't care one iota whether or not I left as a client. This is not the point of my post and I probably should not have mentioned leaving as a client. My point is to let others know the issues that I am having and to forewarn anyone considering joining Rogers what may be in store for them if they do. I am going onto all of the social media that I am party to and mentioning all of this to try to reach as many people as I can, this is only one avenue I have pursued. I am just trying to spread the word as to how poor service from Rogers has become.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation